I had my abdominalplasty today:)

shorty71
on 4/22/16 5:48 pm - CT
VSG on 04/01/14 with

iwent really well. I had surgery at 7:30 and was home by 12:30. Very sleepy. When i woke up from anesthesia i was in pain. They gave me some IV dilaudid. Thats worked some but didnt last too long. I was also given one dose of oxycodone and sent home with valium for the spasms. Burning pain to my left side is the worse. I peeked at thentop and can see my belly button it looks a little too high. I sure hope not. 

NYMom222
on 4/22/16 6:23 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Wow you were home fast! Don't go by what you see the first few weeks... I had LBL ... and I couldn't even look at myself for the first 3 weeks unclothed in the mirror... between swelling, drains etc. When I went for my one month check up I pointed to something and said "This looks weird"... he was like "It's still swollen!" OK then....hahahaha

Keep up on your meds and rest!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

shorty71
on 4/22/16 6:45 pm - CT
VSG on 04/01/14 with

Oh cool. Thanks for letting me onow. I hope i can sleep good in bed tonight!

breathemusic
on 4/25/16 12:37 pm

I remember being surprised at how high my belly button was placed after my surgery and wondering if that was normal, but now it actually feels like the right place.  With al that loose skin and sag, I was used to it being lower.  Give it some time and it will eventually feel normal!

shorty71
on 4/25/16 4:15 pm - CT
VSG on 04/01/14 with

Thanks. Thats what inwas thinking. Im post op day. Im still

having pan but itd much better. Im draining s lot do my

appointment was changed to Thursday instead of tuesday. I have  been running a low grade temp and they are aware.   Cant wait yo be back to normal

cindimorgan
on 4/25/16 7:38 pm

After seven weeks of healing, you are pretty far along and it sounds like you are making progress. Standing full and upright is something we expect to see in most patients after the first week, and some actuallly return to work and gentle activities after two weeks though the pace of recovery can vary. You are on the slow side but don't worry.

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/16 9:13 pm

Most Active