Tummy tuck

glenndamann
on 5/25/16 10:16 am - birmingham, AL

I've had gastric bypass surgery in March 2005.  After my weight loss,  I decided not to have any plastic surgery,  i.e tummy tuck.  Here recently,  I hand changed my mind and now want a tummy tuck.  Will my insurance cover me?

Neesie57
on 5/25/16 11:53 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

This question gets asked often on these boards.  In fact, it was just asked yesterday.  Click on the tiny magnifying glass on the blue bar about and type in "Will insurance pay for plastic surgery" or some other wording and you will find lots of info.

Plastic surgery after weight loss is almost always considered cosmetic and insurance usually will not pay for it,but you need to contact them to find out.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

NYMom222
on 6/3/16 7:19 pm, edited 6/3/16 12:19 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Some insurances will cover, but most won't or you will have to fight for it. I do know some people who have had their's covered...but every insurance is different. When I checked into mine, and went for a consult with a participating physician... even if they could have gotten coverage the amount the insurance would pay was very little.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Stevekoti
on 6/12/16 11:47 pm

Hi glenndamann, I had also done the tummy tuck surgery from a Toronto-based Dr. Sammy Sliwin's cosmetic surgery clinic. They had about 3 modes of financing. My surgery financing was undertaken by Medicard. I think you can find a detailed info here : http://www.sliwinplasticsurgery.com/financing/

All the very best for your surgery :)

cindimorgan
on 6/22/16 4:18 am

Abdominoplasty also known as Tummy Tuck is a cosmetic procedure of the abdomen that removes skin and fatty tissue. It also tightens the abdominal muscles, removes unwanted sagging skin (bulges) and stretch marks. About 30-50% of the abdomen's skin may be removed and a new belly button is surgically created. Most of the time, the cosmetic surgeon may perform liposuction in combination with a tummy tuck often on the love handles or flanks. I recommend you Placidway for more information and best clinics, they will really help you decide :)

Most Active