Question/Shout Out to Dr. L Or Any Other Plastic surgeon

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/16 1:21 pm

There is a surgeon that I have been following for awhile now and I have a general question about his work.

Question #1) Something I notice with 90% of the photos I have seen of his work... everything is a square shape.  Breast aug with or w/out implants, butt implants, fat transfers, everything -- They all are square shaped.  If it was just with implants I would assume it is technique, weird implants, cheap implants, something.  But even a breast aug w/out implants, they are square shaped.  Why is that?

Question #2)  If a surgeon does a lower body lift, breast implants, breast aug, saggy arm surgery, a huge amount of lipo all over the body... that is one heck of a long surgery.  I'm no expert in plastics, not by a long shot and I acknowledge that.  But that is not safe and nobody is going to convince me it is.  The surgery is too long, too much lipo/blood loss, etc.  They call it a mommy makeover, I call it a death wish.  My question is this, how do they do it all in 6 to 8 hours or so?  I know of two brothers in Mexico, one is board certified in plastics and his brother is a non board certified bariatric surgeon.  They boast of doing the surgeries together.  Is that an example of why people look lopsided?  Right breast pointing one direction and left breast pointing another. Scars on one side look great but not necessarily on the other side.  Is it because there are two surgeons?  One doing one side and the other doing the other side?  Is that a Standard of Care to have two surgeons, each doing half the body?

I had a 3rd question but I forgot what it was. ;)  I will ask at a later time.

TIA!

NYMom222
on 5/30/16 6:27 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I am not a plastic surgeon :) but did just have surgery myself...so looked at a lot of pictures too.

I get what you are saying about pics from certain PSurgeons having a 'look'...if it is not the look you are going for stay away. That being said, they do have to work with the anatomy you have... I have very high, long(for lack of a better word) Hip bones...I am tall... My PS was concerned if he could get the contour I would like... He wasn't going to be shaving any bones to get it. :) He showed me before and afters of people he had done who had similar bone structures. I think mine came out better than any he showed me.

Some people do get the whole package of surgeries together. I did have one consult from Dr. Capella (in Northern NJ) LBL, Arms, breast and it would be 6 hours. (also hernia repair). He has been doing it a long time, and has a surgical PA who has been with him for like 10 years. So together they get it done. He is well respected.

My surgeon, Dr. Joseph Michaels in DC area, did mine in 2 surgeries. There is one person on here he did in one, but I had way too much skin. That is part of the question too, how much skin do you have? My first surgery was 8 hours and my second 10 1/2. First surgery was LBL and supposed to be breasts but cancelled breasts for that day, because my small hernia turned out to be large and took 2 hours. Second was breasta and arms... My arms were bad. He booked the OR for 8hrs, thought it would take 7 hours, and then it took 10 1/2 hours. Not that there was a complication...it was just a lot of skin and as he put it...'it just takes a long time'. Not that Dr. M doesn't have help in the OR but he does all his own work and stitching.

I did in one PS consult have a PS warn me about going to one hospital by me, because they have 2 surgeons working on each side of the body, and you can come out lopsided.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/16 9:16 pm
On May 30, 2016 at 1:27 PM Pacific Time, NYMom222 wrote:

I am not a plastic surgeon :) but did just have surgery myself...so looked at a lot of pictures too.

I get what you are saying about pics from certain PSurgeons having a 'look'...if it is not the look you are going for stay away. That being said, they do have to work with the anatomy you have... I have very high, long(for lack of a better word) Hip bones...I am tall... My PS was concerned if he could get the contour I would like... He wasn't going to be shaving any bones to get it. :) He showed me before and afters of people he had done who had similar bone structures. I think mine came out better than any he showed me.

Some people do get the whole package of surgeries together. I did have one consult from Dr. Capella (in Northern NJ) LBL, Arms, breast and it would be 6 hours. (also hernia repair). He has been doing it a long time, and has a surgical PA who has been with him for like 10 years. So together they get it done. He is well respected.

My surgeon, Dr. Joseph Michaels in DC area, did mine in 2 surgeries. There is one person on here he did in one, but I had way too much skin. That is part of the question too, how much skin do you have? My first surgery was 8 hours and my second 10 1/2. First surgery was LBL and supposed to be breasts but cancelled breasts for that day, because my small hernia turned out to be large and took 2 hours. Second was breasta and arms... My arms were bad. He booked the OR for 8hrs, thought it would take 7 hours, and then it took 10 1/2 hours. Not that there was a complication...it was just a lot of skin and as he put it...'it just takes a long time'. Not that Dr. M doesn't have help in the OR but he does all his own work and stitching.

I did in one PS consult have a PS warn me about going to one hospital by me, because they have 2 surgeons working on each side of the body, and you can come out lopsided.

I got a bit too low when I was finished losing and one of the plastic surgeons said he would prefer I gained about 16#.  So I didn't really have a great deal of SQ fat.  He told me he would cut off about 2# of skin.  My arms are not really a problem, that isn't where i carried weight.  For me it was my butt and stomach.

My legs are not great, shorts are never meant to be again but I'm not concerned with that anyway.  I am told I need an extended TT and breast lift w/implants.

I keep going back and forth if I even want to do it.  One day and I am ready to schedule and the next day i think... nahh, don't wanna.

hollykim
on 5/31/16 10:19 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 25, 2016 at 8:21 PM Pacific Time, WLSVet wrote:

There is a surgeon that I have been following for awhile now and I have a general question about his work.

Question #1) Something I notice with 90% of the photos I have seen of his work... everything is a square shape.  Breast aug with or w/out implants, butt implants, fat transfers, everything -- They all are square shaped.  If it was just with implants I would assume it is technique, weird implants, cheap implants, something.  But even a breast aug w/out implants, they are square shaped.  Why is that?

Question #2)  If a surgeon does a lower body lift, breast implants, breast aug, saggy arm surgery, a huge amount of lipo all over the body... that is one heck of a long surgery.  I'm no expert in plastics, not by a long shot and I acknowledge that.  But that is not safe and nobody is going to convince me it is.  The surgery is too long, too much lipo/blood loss, etc.  They call it a mommy makeover, I call it a death wish.  My question is this, how do they do it all in 6 to 8 hours or so?  I know of two brothers in Mexico, one is board certified in plastics and his brother is a non board certified bariatric surgeon.  They boast of doing the surgeries together.  Is that an example of why people look lopsided?  Right breast pointing one direction and left breast pointing another. Scars on one side look great but not necessarily on the other side.  Is it because there are two surgeons?  One doing one side and the other doing the other side?  Is that a Standard of Care to have two surgeons, each doing half the body?

I had a 3rd question but I forgot what it was. ;)  I will ask at a later time.

TIA!

I had breast reduction, arms, lbl, and thighs all in one  12 hr surgery with Dr. Sauceda, and did great. It was not done under general anesthesia,which would be unsafe, but using twilight and an epidural. I was glad to get all my recovery over at one time and be done withnit. 

I would recommend him to anyone.

I woke up with no anesthesia side effects and very little pain.   

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/16 2:14 pm

Yes, that is the one I have heard about.  I would not be interested in going to him.

hollykim
on 5/31/16 6:52 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 31, 2016 at 9:14 PM Pacific Time, WLSVet wrote:

Yes, that is the one I have heard about.  I would not be interested in going to him.

I would not be interested in going to a surgeon who only wanted to pad his pockets extra with a bunch of deprecate surgeries. 

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/16 7:18 pm
On June 1, 2016 at 1:52 AM Pacific Time, hollykim wrote:

I would not be interested in going to a surgeon who only wanted to pad his pockets extra with a bunch of deprecate surgeries. 

All I wrote is that I am not interested in going to that surgeon.  I've seen his work, I'm not a fan.  So what?

There is also a safety issues involved here as well.  He's not my pick for a variety of reasons.

hollykim
on 6/1/16 2:03 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 1, 2016 at 2:18 AM Pacific Time, WLSVet wrote:

All I wrote is that I am not interested in going to that surgeon.  I've seen his work, I'm not a fan.  So what?

There is also a safety issues involved here as well.  He's not my pick for a variety of reasons.

yeah yeah yeah. What you are trying to do by posting this to American surgeons, is to get a **** storm started. 

Why would you want to do that?

(deactivated member)
on 6/1/16 2:25 pm
On June 1, 2016 at 9:03 PM Pacific Time, hollykim wrote:
On June 1, 2016 at 2:18 AM Pacific Time, WLSVet wrote:

yeah yeah yeah. What you are trying to do by posting this to American surgeons, is to get a **** storm started. 

Why would you want to do that?

Perhaps you hadn't noticed, if you want to deal with Mexican surgeons only there is a board just for Mexico.  On this board I can ask any question I want to any surgeon for any country.  Got it?T

I did not bring up any names of any surgeons, I brought up a technique where I have a question.

I am aware of your surgeon, I don't care for his work.  Why is this an issue for you?  I think his work is sloppy and dangerous. I don't like his scars, I don't like how one side of the body looks different from the other side and I think his work looks fake and not natural.  

I didn't bring up his name, you did.  I am not looking for the cheapest surgeon I can find that will do the most procedures in one surgery. I want professional work that I like and price is not my #1 consideration so bug off, okay? Unless there is some rule that I have to like your surgeon, I don't want to hear from you again.

godzilla
on 6/7/16 5:55 pm - Israel
I live in Israel and my apronectomy. And my breast reduction done a year apart both had complications and i needed a woundvac.
This past November i too decided on Dr Sauceda for inner long thighplasty. I tried to consult with two reknowned PS in Israel who would not even see me due ro my unusual wound healing issues.
When i wrote to Dr Sauceda i was very upfront about all my surgeries and commplcations ajd he was very upfront with me about if Gd forbif there would be any complications abd how it would be dealt with.
I had no complications and yes i was nervous byt my surgery by him was my easiest surgery i have ever had including recent bunionectomy surgery on each foot in Israel where my incision wouldn't close and i later developed cellulitis.
My level of medical care attention ajd personal daily care by Dr Sauceda and Paty was above and beyond anything i could imagine.
Mikimi in Israel

Most Active