Is 17 years too young to undergo BA?

inflyn76
on 7/21/16 9:35 pm

My younger sister who is 17 years old had undergone breast augmentation surgery from a cosmetic clinic in Windsor. She had done it without our parent's consent. I was shocked when she told me about this. Our parents had gone for a business tour and will be back only after 1 month. I don't know what will happen if they find this. She was flat-chested and no dress suits her but after the procedure, she looks good. She had planned this before and for that, she stayed along with her friends in Windsor. She saved her money and had undergone this procedure. But is this procedure recommended at this age? Will there be any issues in future?

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 7/22/16 5:50 am, edited 7/21/16 10:51 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

If you live Texas or Calif, you know that BA is a frequent Sweet 16 or HS grad gift from parents.  I would say - it's done.  Google the medical risks on line, but if I were you that would not be my primary concern at this time.  See if you can help her with a plan to tell your folks - whether you agree with her decision or not, this is no reason for WWIII or for her to get kicked out of house. 

PS my 42 year old cousin had BA without telling her 75 year old mother.  Mom was not happy that she wasn;t told before hand.

On the otherhand, you have one hell of a determined 17 year old sister!

Sharon

hollykim
on 7/22/16 8:35 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 22, 2016 at 4:35 AM Pacific Time, inflyn76 wrote:

My younger sister who is 17 years old had undergone breast augmentation surgery from a cosmetic clinic in Windsor. She had done it without our parent's consent. I was shocked when she told me about this. Our parents had gone for a business tour and will be back only after 1 month. I don't know what will happen if they find this. She was flat-chested and no dress suits her but after the procedure, she looks good. She had planned this before and for that, she stayed along with her friends in Windsor. She saved her money and had undergone this procedure. But is this procedure recommended at this age? Will there be any issues in future?

I can't believe that would be done on. Minor without parental consent. 

She may not be able to breast feed a child if she should ever want to.

Laura in Texas
on 7/22/16 1:11 pm

I'm not sure what the rules are in Canada, but I believe in the US you must be 18 without parental consent. I am surprised at 17 she was not saving up for a car or college.

I'm sure your sister will be fine physically. What's done is done.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

NYMom222
on 7/22/16 9:02 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

OK had to look this up. In Canada most the provinces the age of consent is the ability to understand, not a number age. Saw an article where they allowed an 11 year old girl refuse chemo.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Laura in Texas
on 7/23/16 5:07 am

Very interesting. Thanks for checking. I was curious.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

momforlife35
on 8/4/16 5:30 am
VBG on 06/05/14

Getting a BA at 17 is quite inappropriate as the minimum age would be 18. At 18, you are old enough to make this decision, but I typically recommend having a parent with you during the consultation. Without your parent's consent makes this all the more wrong.  When my friend had her BA saline implants a couple of years back when she was 19, she even brought her parents to the consultation. She did it in Manila during their family vacation in the Philippines. She made sure she picked a board certified plastic surgeon to perform the surgery. Her surgeon's name is Dr Rino Lorenzo. The result was very nice and everything went well.  

Most Active