Neck Lift

kyzze
on 8/1/16 10:01 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Anyone on this forum have a neck lift? If so how were the results?

Kyzze

RNY on 12/22/14

I went in for a neckllift and eyelift.   PS told me my face would not match - and recommeded the face ift and brow lift, aw well as the neck and upper & lower eyes.  I went with the full package, but I am thinking it was too much.  I used the wrong surgeon because he did all that work and refused to help with effective pain meds.  Any muscle work can be very painful - esp the brow lift.  Make sure you get a pain magt strategy IN WRITING - most plastics are done in an out pat clinic and they are more likely to cut corners and ship you out too soon and in pain because either a junkie on staff took your pain meds or they knew they were going to ship to home in pain without giving you a dose when you work up from anest in pain.  At least that is what happened to me - I spent 4 days sobbing in a dark room before the pain could be gotten under control.  I should have gone to the ER, but I could not see, could not walk , could not use a phone or find a pain spec on the internet, and could not think of what to do to get help, I did not even think of the ER, which is where I shoudl have gone.  The necklift was not so painful because it only hurt when I moved my neck. I also think the recovery time is longer thatn reported.  At 1 month, my neck was still purple.  If I did it in the winter, when I could have worn turtle necks for 3 months, it would have been better.  If you do the necklift, get some beige or patterned shirts, which do not show  makeup if it gets on the shirt.

With all surgeries, including plastics and WLS, I tell people they have to really wait a year to evaluate if they are happy or not, so I am reserving final jusgement for a year - I had the facial work done 3 months ago - so I am reserving jusgment until the year is up.  But as of now, I wish I had not done it.  I feel better about the UBL.

I also recommend taking about 6 months fro your first consult to actually doing the surgery.  This is time to get at least 2 more consults - esp for the face - and use a Bd Certified FACIAL Plasti Surgeon - only does face work - not a breast job on Monday, brazialin butt lift on Tues, and your neck on wed.  The 6 months gives you time to let your options perculate.

If I can be of more help, let me know.

Sharon

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/16 12:06 am

The neck lifts are a little tricky. Some of them seem to work well, and others droop back after only a short period of time.

I would suggest only using a surgeon with a number of positive reviews online, and have at least several consults. I would also consider Medical Tourism - using a doctor outside the US with a lot of positive reviews who has done hundreds of the surgeries. You can also get a very inexpensive medical retreat (like a some hotel or Bed & Breakfast) that specializes in recovering PS patients. They will usually take great care of you for less than 100usd per day.

Good luck!

Crazeru
on 8/11/16 11:41 am

I had a neck lift, with a full facelift and upper and lower lids 5.5 yrs ago.  My neck is still nice and tight. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Crissy327
on 8/31/16 12:01 pm - NC

I am so glade you posted this. I am talking to Dr. Saucedo currently and he recommended a face and neck lift as well. He also recommended a lower body lift. I am wondering about your experience. I also am wondering about how long it would be before I could go back to work without being red and noticeable that I had work done. I am starting a new job in a month and a half so they won't know what I looked like for the most part but if I have bright red incision marks that would be a give away. Lol.

Would you mind sending me pictures of your before and after. I am 47 and get told a lot that I don't look 47, so I am a little surprised he said I would benefit from a facelift but I do know my skin is a lot more lax than it used to be. I did carry a fair amount of my weight in my face, so I guess that could be why too.

Thanks so much. Like everyone, I am nervous but Dr. S has been around for years and years with great reviews, so I feel comfortable with him or her, not sure which.  Lol. I just have to decide what would benefit me the most for the money. I am kind of not sure about the lower body lift. I am not sure how much it would help my butt look better. Lol.

Anyway, if you get time, please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks so much,

Crystal

Crazeru
on 8/31/16 12:39 pm

Hi Crystal,

If you click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line, it'll take you over to our group here on OH.  Photos on the right hand side.  Look at Facelift folders and Lower body lift.  I'll send you a msg becoming friends with my password, but most all of my pics are in the specific folders too. 

I was 53.5 when I went for my body work and face in 2011.  I'd asked him about my neck, then about upper and lower lids... he said a full facelift.  I also carried a lot of weight in my face.

The lower body lift, will pull up on the outside of your thighs, pull down in front and back.  If you have still have some fat around the back, he'll make butt flaps of your fat so it will give a little more roundedness to the top of your butt. 

I took off 8 weeks for recovery.  I had black & blue areas for a couple of weeks on my face and throat. 

Do an OH search for butt flaps.  I have pics in the thread.

My arms were red for a few months, but it didn't stop me from going dancing.  Basically, I don't care, if someone notices and ask, I tell them I have a great PS!

I was at our county fair a couple of weeks ago, after 12 hrs of riding rides with kids in the heat, I looked like crap, but was talking to my son & DIL and a friend of theirs asked me if I was in the class of '86... of course I said YES!  Then cracked up.  I was Class of 70!  My son then told the guy that I was his mom.  I felt so good.  One of their other friends down from Barrow, AK, came over to give me a hug and told me I looked fantastic.  Asked if I had those little scars behind my ears... Said yep!  Wanna see.  Felt like a million bucks.  It was worth every penny.  Love my new perky boobs too.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Crissy327
on 8/31/16 1:05 pm - NC

OMG, You're funny! LOL. Thanks for the laugh and the info. LOL.

I am pretty sure I am going for it, I just need to decided which things are worth the money. LOL. Anything you would not have done?

I am considering a Mini tummy tuck, LBL, breast lift with augmentation, face lift with fat transfer and cheek bone implants. Anything you would not think were worth doing on this list from your experience?

On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
Crazeru
on 9/1/16 2:32 pm

The tummy tuck is included with the LBL, which also tightens the abdominal muscles and pulls up the girly parts.  I had pretty much the works with the LBL, BL, arms and sm thigh (just from front of groin to back of groin) - gets the loose skin that rubs between your legs when you walk.

The facelift, needed the neck, mid face and upper and lower lids.  Went back 2 yrs later for the upper body lift to get rid of the excess back skin and under the arms side boobage. 

Hey, you have to be able to laugh at yourself!  I'm an open book.  "How did you lose so much weight?"  I had the DS, let me explain it too you....  "What are those scars on your arms?"  I had reconstruction surgery on my body due to massive weight loss.  Wanna see all my scars?

Chris
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Crissy327
on 9/1/16 5:10 pm - NC

I haven't been on here much for a long time, is this publicly posted are we on like private chat? Lol.

On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
Crazeru
on 9/1/16 5:44 pm

Public thread.  I tried to send you a PM, but your profile was blocked.  I sent a friend request.  Look up at the little envelope in the top right hand corner.

Chris
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active