Thigh reduction

Slimming_Down
on 8/3/16 11:49 am

I have Very Large thighs and need lipo.  I can hardly walk straight because they are so large.  Has anyone who has really large thighs had lipo or had some of the skin taken off?  I've had a panni done already and am ready for more reduction.  My surgeon said the AMA says they can only lipo 1 gallon of fat at a time.  Anyone have a surgeon cut off some of the skin of your thighs?  Thanks for any information!

MissNexxie
on 8/3/16 12:28 pm
VSG on 04/30/14

Lipo removes fat but not skin so you will have baggy thighs afterwards if they are quite large, even if they tighten up a bit due to the healing process.  I had an outer thigh lift with lipo 4 weeks ago and it's helped quite a bit but my inner thighs are still mush.  I'm not ready to have an inner thigh lift because I know my PS said it's the most difficult recovery of skin removal surgeries.  

I think quite a few on this forum have had full thigh lifts and have been very happy but the recovery can be quite challenging.

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

Leslie W.
on 8/3/16 1:58 pm - Cobourg, Canada

I had a spiral thigh lift first with incision back leg-groin- hips. It was a difficult and painful healing for awhile. It did help with some of the hanging skin. I did thigh lipo with removal of about 1200 cc each thigh. My thighs were so bruised and swollen after for about 3 weeks. I am 2 months post medial thigh lift.

Thigh lifts do have a high percentage of complications and problems with wound healing. Sitting on a toilet was never so challenging. With spiral lift I did have wound dehiensce in one groin that required a return to or for closure.

When i went for medial lift the surgeon was prepared to do more lipo so would have good closure. If you decide to do lipo first be prepared to wait at least 6 months to beenifit from results. It will cause more loose skin. Speak to your surgeon to discuss what option would be best. Lipo alone will not give you a good result.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 8/4/16 9:03 am, edited 8/6/16 1:32 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I just had lipo on my saddlebags (no skin removal).  6 weeks in compression girdle to keep swelling under control  At 1 month if I take compression off, swelling returns.  Just something to be aware of. 

My clothes fit so much better and much easier recovery than with skin removal.   I weighed  133 when I had the lipo, so only 400-500 was removed from each saddlebag.   My thign skin is saggy - but I don;t care enough to get surgery now.  I am happy that my clothes hang straight and do not hang on my thighs.  If I wear support panty hose, the saggy skin is not detectible. 

I also suggest waiting at least six months after lipo to have any other PS.  It takes awhile for all the swiiss cheese tissue to fully heal and not be suspectible to reswelling.

Sharon

godzilla
on 8/12/16 5:51 am - Israel
I live in Israel and had panni surgery in 2011 and a breast reduction in 2012 but wasdenied twice by my Israel hmo for my inner thighs...so after researching prices in Israel i decided with Dr Sauceda in,Monterrey Mexico. And has no regrets aside from,my choosing to ask,for quote only of my innwr thighs and not total thighs and buttocks.
His quote includes his driver picking up from the airport. To the hotel, depending on what surgery then often a 12 day stay aside from the surgery in the pricate surgery center. The hotel gives breakfast and twice a week Happy Hour. That includes iced canned drinks, potao chips, peanuts and cut up veggies. Several restaurants on the circumference of yhe hotel,and a shopping mall outside the parking lot of the hotel one can ask for a room with a recliner and studio fridge.
All of that time and my travel air fare still came to a quarter of the price dfor goinf privately un Israel but in Israel it would. Have been one night and follow-up whereas with DrS it was so much more.
My long inner thighplasty was ny easiest surgery of anything i have had done! And i keep getting complimented on how nice i lok now.
There are other areas of my body i fantasize having done but i first need to first oay off my loan before i can consider bookibg my bext surgeries
NYMom222
on 8/14/16 7:20 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I just had thigh lift with some lipo. Scar runs up inner thigh, through groin and around upper thigh under buttocks in back...I was more concerned with lift than fat removal....can't tell you how much was removed exactly.

As others have said there is a high percentage of minor complications in healing with thigh lift... it is hard not to move your legs and the areas that are healing. I am not having too much problem with excess swelling but have had some suture line problems...nothing major though.

I don't know if you went to a surgeon who specializes in people with massive weight loss... we do have challenging skin and problems...so I highly recommend getting another opinion from a surgeon who is. My initial consult was over the phone with Dr. Michaels and I had sent him pictures. Link to his webpage is in my signature....Highly recommend.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active