Paying for Plastics

mhogans
on 8/12/16 7:58 am
VSG on 05/28/13

Hi guys,

So I know after losing 120 pounds I would have some shagging in the stomach, boobs and arm areas. Don't get me wrong I am so happy with losing the weight and I'm even happier with the fact that I have been able to keep it off for over 3 1/2 years now. The thing is I don't have the money to pay to at least get my boobs put back where they go...LOL!! Does anyone have any suggestions on what they did? The doctor I went and saw said it would be about 10K.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Michelle

"For every pound dropped it's one less pound to worry about in my future."

emelar
on 8/12/16 2:36 pm - TX

There's no easy way.  You have to save or borrow for it. If you have medical conditions (chronic rashes under the skin that rubs together), your insurance MAY cover some of it.  You can check on doctor's out of the country who are definitely less expensive than US docs.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/12/16 3:36 pm

Mexico or other out of the country docs can offer a great service for less money.  I saved.  i fixed my boobs, then had LBL.. this year is time for the face

get a second job, weekend job.;look ar area in your current budget you can save on.  i.e. I color my own hair.  I have a hair cut once every 5 weeks, clothes for longtime - I shopped in thrift stores. I refinanced my house and lowered my interest rate. nails - I do my own. I rarely get coffee when out,I carry my own water. Going out - movies - once in a while when I was saving. 

there is a need - there is a way.  

i.e. 3 years - 100 per month= 3,600  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Laura in Texas
on 8/13/16 5:06 am

As you save, make sure your credit is good so you could get a loan, if needed, when you are ready. In addition to Mexico, you can look for plastic surgery residency programs in your area that usually cost much less.

As Hala said, think of things in your life where you can cut back. Hair, nails, clothes, cable, no new car for a while, etc. Every little bit helps.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Crazeru
on 8/15/16 1:03 pm

I used my 401K for a loan.  I think Dr Sauceda's BL is 4500 or 5500 for BL with augmentation.  We have a group here on OH you can see pics of his work and folks have been posting about their experiences since 2009.  Click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active