Which procedures are covered?

Jadeyesmiling
on 8/17/16 1:11 am
VSG on 02/08/16

I am only 6 months out so not ready for surgery again yet obviously but I lost 60 before surgery to so I am 10 pounds from being 200 pounds down.  I know I will need surgery for my breasts (which are now causing migraines), for my arms..HUGE bat wings, and most likely for the lower tummy area.  legs seem fine so far.

Has anyone ever had anything other than the Pani surgery covered?
What also is normal recovery time.  I am looking to (hoping to) go back to work within the next 6 months for the first time in 10 years. I may drive school bus just so that I will have summers off in case I can get surgery eventually and have that time to heal.
Love to hear your input, thanks in advance.

HW: 528 CW: 386 Short term Goal weight: 350

Tracey :)

sonnieN
on 8/17/16 6:27 am - grand rapids, MI

What is covered and what isn't really depends on your insurance coverage and what riders your company (spouses company) has attached to the insurance. I have heard of some people getting more covered and then there are some that have nothing covered including the panni. Most will have a hard time getting the breast covered unless it's for a reduction.

Recovery time is different for each person and how they heal. I went in and had surgery but had worked out hard  for 6-7 months prior to my first round of plastics. I was off from work for 4 weeks for my LBL & brachio. During that time I was back to walking at the gym at week 2. Didn't fully start working out until week 7 when the final drain was pulled. For the second round, Breast aug w/ implants & medial thigh lift) I was only off work for 10 days. Back to fully functioning and working out again at 6 weeks.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 8/21/16 3:39 pm

I lost almost 300 lbs and NOT one procedure was covered.  Call your health plan when you're ready.  Don't get just the pannulectomy.  It's not always a good result.

I borrowed from my 401K

Rented my house and moved into a studio apartment.

Started working two jobs (5-6 12 hour shifts a week)

Sold my brand new Highlander and shared my daughter's Corolla.

I paid cash for 9 skin removal procedures and working on saving for the next 5 procedures.

I went to Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico and have NOT one regret.  He did a lovely job.  From my face to my thighs and everything in between.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Jadeyesmiling
on 8/21/16 10:56 pm
VSG on 02/08/16

Wow!  Well, I don't have anything to sell or rent but I hope to keep my credit up as my friends surgeon who did her arms will finance, so that's cool.  I don't want a lot of surgeries.  Legs are fine so far, I just think chest reduction, arms, and maybe tummy lift/tuck depending.  If I can get away with less I will!!

Thanks for answering me and sharing your experiences! Glad you are happy with the results, that's always a positive! :)

HW: 528 CW: 386 Short term Goal weight: 350

Tracey :)

Most Active