Excited about first plastics appointment!

Hilda25
on 8/30/16 9:52 am
RNY on 03/16/15

I saw my primary doctor last week for shoulder plain and she noticed my bra straps digging into my shoulders, she asked what my cup size is and I told her DDD, she told me that when your straps dig into your skin it's because your breasts are too heavy so she is referring me to plastics. I told her that I obviously have neck and back issues so I'm hoping my insurance will cover a breast reduction with lift and a panniculectomy. My appointment is October 4th!! Any tips on what to ask and how to better prepare myself for this appointment would be greatly appreciated!

RNY 3/16/15 HW 277 SW 263 CW 156

NYMom222
on 8/31/16 6:53 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

My only advice would be to go to more than one consult.... even if insurance will cover it, each surgeon has a different take on the same surgery. I also highly suggest going to some one with experience or who specializes in people who have had massive weight loss.

The quality and the quantity of our skin is more challenging, and you want the best result.

Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Hilda25
on 8/31/16 7:55 pm
RNY on 03/16/15

I'm crossing my fingers that my insurance will cover it. They covered my RNY, the only thing that came out of pocket was my shakes for my 2 week liquid diet and my vitamins, other than that, I didn't pay a penny for the actual surgery or hospital stay.  The surgeon I was referred to happens to specialize in weight loss surgery patients so that's a good thing. As for getting a second consult, that's always a given when any surgery is involved. I work in a hospital emergency room and although I'm not a nurse I know quite a bit

melissasue1982
on 9/6/16 5:37 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I REALLY hope that your surgery gets covered!  BUT If it doesn't (and really even if it does), here is an FYI, if your bra straps are digging into your shoulders, you are wearing  the wrong size bra!  Try going to an actual bra store and be measured.  The bras can be expensive, but knowing what size you really are, and wearing the correct bra, and take care of the shoulder straps problem!

Some crazy number like 75% of women wear the wrong size bra!  I have like zero boobs left, so don't really have the same problem as you! lol

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Hilda25
on 9/6/16 7:41 am
RNY on 03/16/15
On September 6, 2016 at 12:37 PM Pacific Time, melissasue1982 wrote:

I REALLY hope that your surgery gets covered!  BUT If it doesn't (and really even if it does), here is an FYI, if your bra straps are digging into your shoulders, you are wearing  the wrong size bra!  Try going to an actual bra store and be measured.  The bras can be expensive, but knowing what size you really are, and wearing the correct bra, and take care of the shoulder straps problem!

Some crazy number like 75% of women wear the wrong size bra!  I have like zero boobs left, so don't really have the same problem as you! lol

Funny thing is that I did do that, I've been measured at multiple stores to make sure I'm being sized correctly. My breasts are too heavy according to my doctor I'm a DDD wearing s small size shirt ?

Most Active