Mini Arm and Thigh procedures?

Emily_Rose
on 10/7/16 6:07 am - Fort Worth, TX

i saw a plastic surgeon a couple years ago that mentioned a mini version of these surgeons since I'm not extreem. Has anyone had one of these and are you happy with it. I'm thinking I may need to look him up again. 

NYMom222
on 10/7/16 3:49 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I know there are different Thigh Lift procedures depending on what you need... I have never heard them called 'mini' though. "spiral" Medial" "Full" etc. Never heard of alternate arm procedures...obviously they are adjusted for each individual, but don't think the use of the term 'mini' was clinical- more just the surgeon saying as you said- you are not extreme.

I would go on realself.com - you can read a lot about different procedures there.... see people's questions and Doc's answers.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Laura in Texas
on 10/7/16 7:32 pm

A friend of mine had a consult for a mini arm lift and the surgeon was honest and told her it would not make much of a difference for her. She had the full arm lift (incisions down to the elbows) and she is thankful she did.

I would go to a few different surgeons to see what they recommend.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 10/9/16 2:29 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

The mini-arm lift - there are 2 versions.  You0tube has several very fgood explanations and footage of the operations.

1- They just pull the skin up into the armpit and cut it off and suture.  There are essentially no visable scars - just a 'smile' in your arm pit.  It does not take up much sagging skin

2-   A 6-8 in incison about the lenght.  Takes up a bit more skin, but does not effect the elbow or side of chest wall.

3- the whole 9 yards - what I needed - 3" below elbow up through armpit (I have not armpit hair remaining) and down chest wall - about 20 inches of scar - each side.  Initially, I did not want scar to do below my elbow, but when dr showed me what it would look like - I said yuck - go the whole way.  Happy I did.  That lower part of the scar is very faint already (3 mo post-op).  

Because there are so many options, it is important to get several opinions.  What you need is a factor of age, your weight history, and how long you were overweight, your genetics.   

Sharon

Most Active