Thighplasty covered by insurance

Gvillegas56
on 11/30/16 7:24 am
VSG on 03/31/15

Has any bodie been able to get there thighplasty covered by insurance from overlap of skin which cause rashes and splitting of skin. I had a tummy tuck that was approved they removed 5lbs of skin in my middle section and then the tighted the my abdomin wall muscles just wondering how hard is it to get insurance approval 

sonnieN
on 12/2/16 6:13 am - grand rapids, MI

I have heard of a few people being able to get it covered. I think those were very extreme cases and again dependent on the type of insurance coverage you have. What they had to do and go thru I have no idea but it's usually considered an elective surgery so as much documentation and help from the Dr's is probably needed to get it even considered to be approved.

Gvillegas56
on 12/2/16 7:30 am
VSG on 03/31/15

I have some pictures  and have talk to doctor about it I have antibiotic cream also hope that works 

Laura in Texas
on 12/4/16 4:32 pm

I believe JazzyOne9254 got her thighs covered. You may try sending her a message.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

RNY_elizabeth
on 12/5/16 9:24 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Mine was covered though honestly I didn't read the documentation the surgeon submitted so I can't advise on wording.

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

WorkItOutWoman
on 12/5/16 10:26 am

I'm three days postop. Had VSG in 2013  I lost 75 lbs but never was able to lose the fat in my stomach and thighs. I had insurance pay for panni six months ago with 15 lbs of fat and skin removed.  Insurance paid for bilateral thigh lift with 2 lbs skin and fat removed from each side. I'm still determining if thigh lift was worth it. I have been turned down for brachioplasty because it's considered cosmetic.  Go figure. 

BoutThatLife

Gvillegas56
on 12/5/16 10:47 am
VSG on 03/31/15

Thank you for the info I'm nervous that they will say no I had my VSG March 31 2015 I've lost 215lbs I had my tummy tuck September 16 3 months ago and insurance approved that so I'm hoping they will approve my thightlift 

macmanjimmy
on 4/30/20 10:27 am
with

how hard was the thigh lift getting approval? have rashes. bruising in severely impacting issues in the "pelvic" region

Dior1805
on 12/6/16 2:42 pm

Hello, I have heard of a few people getting approved for that surgery. I know that it is heavily dependent on your specific insurance coverage. However, reading the struggle that you are going through, and if you have a doctor that can help you really convince the insurance company that it is truly medically necessary, I would say that you have a reasonable chance. I wish you the best! Hopefully you will get the resolution you are looking for! :)

walkingtall52
on 1/16/17 10:07 pm

Talk with a knowledgeable c. service rep. at your health ins. agency, usually a Nurse.  They can look into your policy to see what is covered under medical necessity. When excess skin chaffes and rubs together you get rashes and trapped sweat/ skin break down which can lead to decubitus ulcers(bedsores)  Which can lead to infection.  (see where I'm going with this?)  Get a letter of medical necessity from your treating MD, and also see in detail exzactly what is covered for plastics by your policy. 

Most Active