Tummy Tuck next week

Lisa_at_the_beach
on 12/22/16 8:56 am - Raleigh, NC
with

My extended tummy tuck will occur 12/27/2016.  Makes for a sucky Christmas but gives me an extra free week from work.  My surgeon will be using exparel for pain and tissueglue to limit drain usage.  Dr Oschwald is great!  I recently had an arm and breast lift and I am so happy with the experience and results.  I think I'm ready, feel like a deer in the headlights and totally overwhelmed.  Any advice anyone can give would surely be appreciated!

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/16 10:40 am

Good luck!! 

Salmygal
on 12/23/16 2:01 pm, edited 12/23/16 6:03 am

On December 22, 2016 at 4:56 PM Pacific Time, Lisa_at_the_beach wrote:

My extended tummy tuck will occur 12/27/2016.  Makes for a sucky Christmas but gives me an extra free week from work.  My surgeon will be using exparel for pain and tissueglue to limit drain usage.  Dr Oschwald is great!  I recently had an arm and breast lift and I am so happy with the experience and results.  I think I'm ready, feel like a deer in the headlights and totally overwhelmed.  Any advice anyone can give would surely be appreciated!

On Monday 12/19, I just had an extended tt, bl and ba with 385cc implants under the muscle. My Dr used Exparil and it was great. The breasts were the worst. Once I got a larger sports bra, that improved. I think that the first will fit great long term, but it didn't work well with the swelling. I was given valium for the muscle pain and Percocet for surgical pain. The tummy tuck has been a nothing. I have been sleeping in a recliner and have had no issues. Maybe I would have felt the tt more, of my breasts felt better. Well it is day 4 and I am only taking tylenol for pain. My breasts feel like they would when I would be engorged from nursing. Unfortunately, I can't just nurse a baby and fix it all... Lol. EVERYTHING is swollen! 

Some surprising things....

The first 3 days I was narcoleptic. I could not stay awake. 

I had to take double the valium (Dr okayed) for a few doses because of the breast pain

Even though I haven't taking anything but tylenol today, I am still incredibly sleepy. 

I went to Wal-Mart today. I was physically exhausted after 20 minutes. Not in pain, just felt like I ran a marathon.

Even with all of the swelling, I look pretty hot already.

I weigh every morning. My limit is 175, although I am usually around 173. Two days after surgery, I got on the scale expecting to weigh at least 180. I weighed 174.3. Today I weighed 172. 

They took out 738gm in fat and skin. They added 770 on implants. So there was no real gain or loss, I figure if broke even.

I would be happy to tell you anything that you want to know.

Sally

HW 289

Lap Band 10/2007 --->Removed 3/2014

Revision to RNY  10/26/2015

Lisa_at_the_beach
on 1/23/17 9:22 am - Raleigh, NC
with

Well, it's all over and I'm back to work.  The first week was tough, the pain was from muscle spasms and I didn't expect that.  Once they settled down I was pretty pain free if hunched over.  Still sleeping in a recliner as it's comfortable but plan to move back to my bed next week.  I'm pretty tired of the compression garment and plan to ditch it after next week.  All in all, I've healed very fast and my scars look great.  My biggest problem was going nuts being stuck inside in my chair.  Daytime tv is the pits.

Most Active