Planning for the future (plastic surgery, pregnancy, etc)

MonaLyssa33
on 1/5/17 7:39 pm - Minneapolis, MN
VSG on 02/20/17

I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum, so I'm hoping that one gets deleted.

I'm reaching the end of my pre-op stuff. I have tried to have the surgery several times in the past but I was never emotionally/mentally ready and I am in a much better place in my life now (including having a job I love, no longer suffering from depression, finally graduated college). I anticipate to have the surgery within the next few months and I'm already looking further in the future when I anticipate I will need to have a body lift. I've read up on it and it sounds like it isn't recommended to have a body lift if I have plans of getting pregnant. I am 30 years old, single and it worries me that I will have to choose between having my ideal body or having biological children. Has anyone had a body lift and then got pregnant later on? Was there any problems associated with that?

Highest Weight ~400, Surgery Weight 293, Current Weight 227, Goal Weight 180

Highest BMI: 59.1, Current BMI: 32, Goal BMI: 25

VSG on February 20, 2017

Laura in Texas
on 1/6/17 8:36 am

Dr. LoMonaco addressed this issue on THIS post a while back. He was my plastic surgeon and is amazing. I trust his judgement completely.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

-Flo-
on 1/7/17 8:38 pm
DS on 04/11/16

I just had a consult with 2 different plastic surgeons. Both said pregnancy would not wreck the body lift, it may not be as good as right after surgery but I would still have a desirable result. 

FRITZY79
on 1/18/17 4:07 pm

I HAD A TUMMY TUCK AFTER LOOSING 140LBS I WENT TO THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC THE DOCTOR SPEAKS ENGLISH HAD A TUMMY TUCK WITH MUSCLE REPAIR AND HAVE A HEALTY 2 YEAR OLD SO IT CAN BE DONE ITS NOT UNCOMMON.

Most Active