Embrace Scar Therapy

pyee
on 1/11/17 1:21 pm

Wondering if anyone who's had any plastic surgery done has used Embrace scar therapy patches.  If yes, are you happy with the results?  Had my first treatment after an abdominoplasty last week and it's quite a hassle to shower and not get them wet, they're pulling on a sensitive area of hair, etc.  I know I can suffer the 10 week treatment, just wondering if it's worth it!

***2010 is my year for change...watch me do it!***            
NYMom222
on 1/16/17 10:41 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I bought scar silicone tape off amazon to help cover sensitive areas...It is reusable too, you can rinse it off and leave it to dry... usable quite a few times. Bought it in two different widths... this is the one: scar tape

To actually reduce and soften the scars my surgeon recommended this and I have to say they have healed nicely: Biocorneum

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

DrL
on 1/25/17 7:52 am - Houston, TX

We've used them since the product was developed and they work great when used properly.

A lot has to do with proper application, knowing when to give the skin a  break, and avoiding problems with them so I insist on my staff doing them in most cases.  By actively taking tension off the incision, the scar is not stimulated to thicken but this must be done during the "proliferative phase" of healing, typically between 4 and 10 weeks. 

Its the only scar therapy clinically proven to work, by the way.

Hair growth near and into the incision can cause problems with healing of the tummy tuck or LBL scars, especially since I use a very low incision in most cases.  We provide laser reduction on all my patients as part of their surgery at about 2 weeks, before the embrace goes on.

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Most Active