Shower seat thoughts?

Pokemom
on 1/27/17 3:18 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Hi everyone.  Although this question is not related to PS, it is related to surgery, and I think you all are the experts in that!

I saw some posts on this thread discussing shower stools/seats.  I am having ankle surgery in a couple of weeks and have to be non weight bearing for 6 weeks, so I am buying a shower stool.

Thoughts on:

Rectangular vs round?

Folding vs non-folding?

Back vs. no back?

Thanks, all.

Mahalo F.
on 1/27/17 4:51 pm

Well ... I am not a bath stool expert...

I would get a chair and place it in the shower or bath.

Also, I would rent a knee scooter for non weight bearing.

You kneel on it and you are able to hang onto the handle bars &. You propel yourself with the good leg.

I had ankle surgery November 11th and used the scooter for 12 weeks... Rental was $55 a month and covered by my insurance.

Hope this helps

Good luck

Sandra

Mahalo 

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

Leslie W.
on 1/27/17 5:08 pm - Cobourg, Canada

If you're putting it in a tub get a transfer seat. 2 legs sit on floor, 2 in tub. You can sit on side and swing legs over into tub. It even has a hand rail that can be placed on either side. For shape it all depends on how much space you have

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Pokemom
on 1/30/17 3:58 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Thank you!  I did not know about that kind of seat.  Great advice.

Djmohr
on 1/30/17 3:08 pm
RNY on 09/29/14

I had to buy one for a 3 level cervical fusion I had done 2 years ago. Since then I have had plastics (latest 11 days ago). I have found that a shower chair with a back on it is the way to go for me. That back has helped me so much with my surgeries.

Not sure if you are planning on plastics at some point but if you are then, get the one with the back.

Pokemom
on 1/30/17 3:58 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Thank you!  i do hope to have plastics next year.  (Some people plan each year's travel; I plan each year's surgery!)

RNY on 12/22/14

I just used a folding chair for a few weeks when I had my plastics.  My shower was the high point of my day at first, so a chair was welcome.

Sharon

Most Active