PS in Washington state - Egrari or Sattler

nancy6
on 3/12/17 9:37 am - Tacoma, WA

I'm at the point of making a decision on which PS to use in the Seattle area and am down to two - Sepehr Egrari and Scott Sattler. Has anyone had experience with either of these two docs? I'm planning to have a LBL, breast lift/augmentation and arm lift. Both seem well qualified and have worked with WLS patients. One doc is willing to do all procedures at once (with a second PS assisting) which is a big deal to me - one surgery, one recovery, one time under general anesthesia. The other would do two surgeries and not do breast implants until a later date, which would mean a total of 3 surgeries. If anyone has had experience with either of these docs or having all 3 procedures at once, I'd love to get some input. Thanks so much!

Nancy

~Nancy~

Misce
on 3/14/17 7:58 pm
VSG on 11/19/13

Hi Nancy,

I have a consult with Dr. Egrari coming up next month. I have a wish list too, and want a total of 4 procedures done in total. Arms, thighs, lbl, and breast = 3 in one with legs following is my ideal plan. I am watching your post to see what is posted.

Looking forward to the replies,

Misce

nancy6
on 3/14/17 8:52 pm - Tacoma, WA

Hi, Misce - I'm sure you will find Dr. Egrari (and his staff) is wonderful. From what I have seen, he is an excellent plastic surgeon and has good results. But I have made the decision to go with Dr. Sattler. The main reason being he will do the 3 procedures at the same time and at a fairly substantial savings to me (about 25% less than Dr. Egrari). I'll be having the LBL, arm lift and breast lift with augmentation done at the same time and I'm scheduled for May 22. Dr. Sattler will have the other plastic surgeon from his practice assisting which means they can do it all in one surgery and anticipate it being 6 hours. Only one surgery means only being under general anesthetic once and having one recovery. Granted it's a lot at one time and the recovery may be rough, but at least it's just one recovery!

Dr. Egrari would only do 2 procedures at once - the breast lift and arms which would be 5 hours or the LBL and breast lift which would be 7 hours. He indicated he would not do implants when he did the breast lift because he thought there was an 88% chance I would be happy with just the lift. If I decided I wanted implants I would have to do a 3rd surgery for that. Obviously, having more surgeries meant higher prices as well. I've had 4 consults and 3 of the doctors felt sure I needed implants and I really agree with them that I would not be happy in an A or B cup.

I'd love to get my inner thighs lifted, too, but I'll think about that down the road a ways.

I noticed you are in Georgia so you're obviously willing to travel for PS. I would recommend you do a phone consult with Dr. Katzen in Los Angeles, California. I had a phone consult with him and was very pleased. However, he also would not do all 3 procedures at the same time. Part of that was due to my age (60). He said if I was 30, he would consider all 3 at once. I think it really makes a difference when they have another PS assisting. I found his prices to be right in the ballpark as what I found in the Seattle area.

The other consult I had was a phone consult with Dr. Quiroz at Cosmed Clinic in Tijuana, Mexico. His prices were considerably less, but it was the travelling and staying there that made me hesitant. Dr. Quiroz was willing to do all the procedures at once as long as I was tolerating the anesthesia well. So he couldn't guarantee doing all 3 and said he would have to determine how much could be done once he got started. So again, no guarantee that it would be a "one and done" surgery.

I'm a bit disappointed there haven't been any replies to my post from people who have used Dr. Egrari or Dr. Sattler. I know Dr. Egrari has great reviews here and on realself. I didn't find reviews for Dr. Sattler on OH, but he has great reviews on realself as well. So I went with my gut (so to speak) and made my surgery appointment today.

Good luck with your journey.

~Nancy~

Crazeru
on 3/15/17 2:53 pm

If you are traveling, you might want to consider Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico. You can take pics from the front, side, back, side and close ups of specific areas and email to [email protected] with Quote in the subject and he'll get back to you with a quote. There's more info on his group here on OH, check out my siggy line.

Dr Sauceda will being available for consults in Chicago on June 24th & 25th. There will also be some post ops available for show and tell.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

AggieMae
on 3/21/17 6:26 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

My husband is a PS. He says that because of the way muscles work it's better to do two surgeries so the stitches don't pull against each other. I wanted to do my butt and thighs at the same time as I don't need a full lower body. He nixed it.

I will have two surgeries one upper body and one lower body area at each. I haven't seen the surgeon for a consult yet since I thought the surgery since it won't happen till next winter. But it looks like my arms (aka my bat wings) can be done after my weight is stable for 6 months.

Most Active