Very Disapppointed

ssflbelle
on 3/21/17 6:30 am - West Palm Beach, FL

Very disappointed and pissed, less then 24 hours from Breast reduction surgery and it was canceled. They discovered a lump and now I need to have a biopsy done. The mammogram was done on March 3rd and I just found out at 4 pm yesterday there is a lump in my right breast. No one called me until yesterday despite me having called all the Dr numerous time to make sure that I got the medical clearance. No one said a word about this lump. Now I sit and wait to get scheduled for a biopsy. Had to do a whole lot of planning for not only substitute teachers at work but also in my life. Very frustrating! I am sure it is just a stupid cyst like I have had all my life.

Amanda    Surgery was 1/26/2016 Surgery Weight  314   Highest Weight 497

lost  183 pounds before surgery

joanne0658
on 3/21/17 9:12 am

please, please, please look on the good news of a delay. planning is just that, planning . . but your safety and health come first. i'm praying it's only a cyst and that you'll have super peace in knowing all is well before your reduction.

i originally was to have wls in december of 2014. i ended up changing jobs in october and had to wait until july of 2015 (and ballooned from 267 to 292 between october and march). long story short, my husband ended up in the hospital in december 2014. he was at the same hospital i switched jobs to and they were super cool about my being with him. also, the pathologists i worked for were able to rule out cancer. i'm just trying to say, sometimes a delay is timely and benefits us on so many known and unknown levels.

jo

Age: 60 | Height: 5'3.5 | Surgery Date: 07/24/15 | Starting Weight: 292 | Surgery Weight: 267 | Goal Weight:150 | Current Weight: 149 | WL so far: 143 lbs

Gwen M.
on 3/22/17 7:54 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'd be super frustrated. Since I'm sure they had the results by the 5th or 6th!

This is one of the reasons I always pick up my own imaging reports instead of waiting for my doctor to call me about it. I hate waiting :P

And please don't interpret this as me saying "you should have done [blah]" because you did the right thing - you called to follow up and ask. I'd be super pissed off about this especially since you've had to rearrange your life and other people's lives as well based on your originally scheduled surgery! RAR.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

NYMom222
on 3/22/17 11:06 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Nothing to say but agreed really frustrating....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Djmohr
on 4/7/17 11:01 pm
RNY on 09/29/14

I hope you now have had your biopsy and everything is ok? I have had cysts in my breasts so I know that it can be scary but hopefully that is all it is.

Keep us posted......

ssflbelle
on 4/12/17 11:48 am - West Palm Beach, FL
On April 8, 2017 at 6:01 AM Pacific Time, Djmohr wrote:

I hope you now have had your biopsy and everything is ok? I have had cysts in my breasts so I know that it can be scary but hopefully that is all it is.

Keep us posted......

NO biopsy yet. It seems like despite my best efforts to keep on top of this, everything got messed up. I was caught in limbo for a few weeks as the Doctors didn't know what each other were doing. The plastic surgeon had sent a referral for a biopsy but he did say who was doing it and it turns out he was not suppose to have sent in for a referral. It was suppose to have been the PCP that sent the referral. This whole process has been very frustrating as I was calling like every other day to find out what the delay was and no one knew. Finally my referral lady called me and explained it all to me.

So as of yesterday I finally have a consultation set up for Monday with a Breast surgery Doctor who needs to look at all the tests that were done and then after that he will schedule the biopsy. So it looks like nothing will be done until perhaps the end of the month. I went back to work 2 weeks ago as there is no point to take off 4 to 6 weeks for recovery from Plastic surgery when there wasn't any surgery. How these Doctors got so messed up with what they were suppose to do is beyond me. I just know it has been rather stressful.

Djmohr
on 4/14/17 11:47 am
RNY on 09/29/14

I am sorry this is taking so long. It is crazy when you have something like this and cannot get answers fast. I hope that all goes well and this turns out to be nothing allowing you to have your plastics done.

Keep us posted.

ssflbelle
on 5/28/17 11:41 am - West Palm Beach, FL

Finally had the biopsy this month and the results came back benign. Thank the Lord! The Breast surgeon saw me Monday and released me to go back to the PS. Have called him to get a rescheduled date, but as of this past Friday they haven't returned my call. I will try again after Memorial Day. It doesn't look like anything will be done until June or July. I was hoping to be healed enough to enjoy swimming this summer. However, it looks like I will be recuperating during the Florida Summer and not swimming at all.

Most Active