fat discrimination by ohip when it comes to excess skin removal

buddha316
on 4/28/17 4:05 am
RNY on 02/06/13

my name is Shawn
i would like to ask a few questions

1. i need reconstructive surgery to fix a trauma do to gastric bypass done 4 years ago. other people can have there trauma do to surgery fixed back to normal appearance with out a problem just need there health card .

so why the discrimination?

2. human rights is a big thing in Canada.
why in 2017 is there discrimination against a group of people with a disability and a decease and nothing is been done about it ?

3. is it just because fat people do not matter are they just human garbage?

i am a man with a medical need and it is not being fixed i be leave 100% it is because i was fat.

i am asking nice that the discrimination of fat people end.
if you cut us we bleed if you hurt us we fell pain if you call us names we feel bad

thank you for your time

i hope you have a great day

ps better then mine

Shawn

i sent this to
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

out of these five emails i only got one response that was from [email protected]

it has been 7 weeks since i sent this email too these nice people but these questions have not been answered

how come these question were not answered that is the question?

if my question are not answered in a week next stop youtude

Gwen M.
on 4/28/17 5:30 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm betting it's because your letter really needs to go through the proofreading/editing process. It's hard to get people to take you seriously when you can't spell words like disease correctly.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Laura in Texas
on 4/28/17 6:07 am

And "due" (not do)

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Gwen M.
on 4/28/17 5:44 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I would recommend asking a friend to proofread for you before you send letters like this (your change.org petition needs editing as well). If you don't have a friend who can proofread, I would be happy to offer my services. Although I won't be able to do it until after May 11th.

I'm sorry if this sounds rude but, seriously, people will not take you seriously if they can't understand what you're trying to say and if what you're writing looks like it comes from an 8 year old.

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

buddha316
on 4/28/17 6:15 am
RNY on 02/06/13

thank you for your reply

I like to say something I am fight for my right by my self sorry i spell things wrong to me the words were spelled the right way .

I have a really bad learning disability were i have a hard time reading writing ( dyslexia ) so i might write like a 8 year old i am sorry i am not perfect .

But i do the best with what i have been given. I should not have to fight for equal level of treatment.

I am not mad i am not trying to be rude .

The only discrimination that is legal in Canada is fat discrimination.

I have been doing things on my own for 30+ years for reason i do not trust people do to being raped.

Gwen M.
on 4/28/17 7:20 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Kat's revision is great. For future letters, feel free to ask for help prior to sending them. There's no shame in admitting you need a proofreader :)

are you able to see a therapist? I know that people have commented on your past posts to say they have gotten OHIP to cover some plastic surgery - do you have a doctor working on this with you?

buddha316
on 4/28/17 7:49 am
RNY on 02/06/13

yes went threw treatment all my doctor helped and still help me with this

waiting for appointment with plastic surgeon

i am not going to be shocked by them saying not covered your out of luck.

i am waiting for that to happen.

then i going to go after a human rights issue

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/28/17 6:39 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Gwen's response above is spot-on. No one will take such a poorly written and edited email seriously. I am sorry to sound harsh, but that's the reality.

You are not actually asking questions, you aren't clear about what it is you want them to do, and the grammar is so bad that it obscures your message. Therefore, as a kindness, I have quickly re-written it for you.

Dear Sir or Madam:

My name is Shawn ________ ,and I am a formerly obese citizen who has benefitted greatly from gastric bypass surgery four years ago.

While I am exceptionally grateful for the lifesaving surgery provided to me, I have come to feel discriminated against in the area of reconstructive surgery to repair the damage done to my body. It is my understanding that for other traumas, people are able to have plastic surgery in order to return both normal appearance and functioning. Why is there a difference for those of us who have suffered the disease of obesity?

Our great country of Canada is well-known for its dedication to human rights. Yet, in 2017, I cannot help but feel that this is a form of discrimination those who are fat. Due to the fact that obesity is a disease, I question why it is acceptable to deny medical access to necessary surgery for both normal human functioning and mental health. Certainly it is not acceptable to view fat people, or in this case, former fat people, as having lesser value?

As such, I present myself as such a case. I am an adult male citizen with a definite medical need. I believe that this need is not being addressed simply due to bias because I was fat. Therefore, I implore you to consider this discrimination, and I call for you to remedy it immediately.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,

Shawn ______________

(add contact number and mailing address)

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

buddha316
on 4/28/17 6:47 am
RNY on 02/06/13

thank you vary much

i will take your rewrite and send it off too the right people again .

thank you thank you thank you

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/28/17 7:12 am
RNY on 12/31/13

My pleasure, and good luck to you.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active