Starting the Consult Process!!

christinerocks
on 4/29/17 12:21 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Hi everyone,

I promised myself that I would "reward" my hard work with plastic surgery after 1 year at my lifetime weight, and so my time has come!!

My lower body is my priority, so I'm looking at a tummy tuck for sure - though in reading through all your experiences I am going to stay open to all the options the surgeon recommends. My thigh skin sags almost as badly as the tummy, so I am considering the LBL; and of course, if I can swing it, I will go for the breast lift too. After decades (most of my life) with ginormous breasts I don't plan an augmentation - just a lift. There seems to be plenty to work with, but again I'm going to try to keep an open mind.

Whatever I choose - I hope to find the right surgeon (for me) and have my surgery in the fall of 2017, so I will be able to enjoy the results next summer. No shapewear! 2 piece suits in public! Yeah!! Though "summer" is almost year round in AZ, my goal is to be beyond the worst of swelling and such by March/April 2018.

After months of research (and reading your posts, and past posts) I've requested consults with 4 surgeons in the Scottsdale, AZ area. I've requested consults with Dr. Robert Cohen, Dr. Mehdi Mazaheri, Dr. "T" Taghizadeh (North Valley Plastic Surgery), and Dr. Brian Gawley.

I also spend summers on Cape Cod so, I may go for a consult with Liz's doctor - you look amazing! Arizona would work better for me, in terms of after care, but I am seriously impressed with your photos. Thank you for sharing them.

Like you've all done, I will let you know what I learn and what I decide. I'm forever grateful for this community and will pay it back by paying it forward. :-)

Thanks!!

Christine

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/30/17 3:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good luck - it sounds like you have a good plan to determine your best course of action!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Dcgirl
on 5/12/17 6:37 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

You are going in with a great attitude! Be open to what the doctors say. I was sure I needed a tummy tuck and breast lift, but my surgeon showed me how saggy my backside would be (or should I say saggier!) once I fixed the front, so I opted for a Lower Body Lift + Breast Lift. I swore I would not do my arms since I didn't want visible scars, but my scars healed incredibly well and once I fixed my torso, my saggy arms stood out even more, so I had a second outpatient surgery for just my arms. I love love love my results and have zero regrets. Here is my info on plastics, in case it's helpful. I knew I would forget!

I am not familiar with your surgeons, but try to find one that specializes in post weight loss body contouring! The tummy tuck that a woman who has had 3 kids needs is much different from what we need...

Plastics: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/5309071/X-p ost-Everything-I-wished-I-had-known-and-everything-I/

Two year surgiversary: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/5445401/My-two-year-su rgiversary-with-a-before-and-after-picture/

Three year surgiversary: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/6014459/Three-year-sur giversary-before-and-after-pics-included/#50165149

christinerocks
on 5/14/17 7:13 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Thanks, Em - you've been someone I've looked up to before, during and after my WLS - I love your detailed post about what to have for the surgery!

Thanks too for the reminder to look for a surgeon with experience and a specialty in post weight loss contouring. I'll check back after my consults! :-)

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

Most Active