One Week! (cue Barenaked Ladies music)

Heather L.
on 5/1/17 2:07 pm - Coquitlam, Canada
VSG on 03/26/15

What?! It's exactly one wee****il I get my arm lift! Honestly, I've spent the last 30+ years of my life hating and hiding my arms and dreaming that one day I'd not feel I had to and now that it's so close...

I'm actually feeling a little scared.

I had absolutely zero fears or second thoughts about getting my sleeve done, but the closer it comes to May 8th, the more anxiety I'm starting to feel about the plastics part of this process. I know a lot of it is because I'm moving house at the same time and that's loading a lot of extra issues on my plate instead of just healing post-op. I also think it's mostly just fear of the unknown. I've never had this kind of "external" surgery before. Every other time I've gone under the knife it's been for something internal, fixed with tiny holes from my outside. This time, it's all surface work and I'm scared of pain and lack of mobility and all the things I don't yet know what to expect.

I don't know if I'll be able to feed myself or wipe my butt. I'm spending a LOT of time trying to figure out what to wear to the surgical clinic which I'll be able to put on afterwards. I have my boyfriend bringing me extra pillows from his house because what if I don't have enough to keep my arms elevated?

Ugh. I am not usually this neurotic, especially about medical stuff, and the fact that it's making me a little crazy is just making me more crazy.

Maybe I should just take some Ativan.

VSG Mar 26, 2015 Dr. Sharadh Sampath -- 5'3" -- 47YO -- HW: 294 - SW: 261 - CW: 192 - GW: 175
Bi-lateral Brachioplasty May 8, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid
Lower Body Lift Oct 2, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid

"Weight is lost in kitchens, health is gained in gyms." - Dr. Yoni Freedhoff

heatherisshrinking.tumblr.com

Gwen M.
on 5/1/17 4:02 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Thanks for getting that song stuck in my head. :P

Breathe. Do some yoga. You got this!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Laura in Texas
on 5/2/17 7:15 am

Bending my arms hurt the first few days- I did manage to wipe, but eating was tough. I mainly drank protein shakes with a straw until day 4.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

RNY on 12/22/14

You very likley will not be able to feed yourself or wipe your butt for the first few days. Get plan in place and make sure healing is the highest priority - if healing is not your highest priority - delay something. Bad scars long term are not worth rushing into it without the proper support. Does your PS know your plans for moving?

Best of luck with whatever you decide

Sharon

Heather L.
on 5/8/17 11:55 pm - Coquitlam, Canada
VSG on 03/26/15

Well, that week went fast. I'm back at home, all wrapped up and full of oxycodone. Thank god for my boyfriend or I wouldn't even be able to drink on my own right now. One drain in each arm and a lot of swelling in my hands.

Okay, time to go back to sleep. More updates later, in their own post, probably.

VSG Mar 26, 2015 Dr. Sharadh Sampath -- 5'3" -- 47YO -- HW: 294 - SW: 261 - CW: 192 - GW: 175
Bi-lateral Brachioplasty May 8, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid
Lower Body Lift Oct 2, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid

"Weight is lost in kitchens, health is gained in gyms." - Dr. Yoni Freedhoff

heatherisshrinking.tumblr.com

Most Active