OHIP

Melischa
on 5/28/17 11:11 am - Canada

Doing some research... I am going to be referred for plastics and I want to know if any doctors in Ontario go through OHIP for more than just the pannilectomy surgery... Also, the wait times as well... please comment asap as I have to let my nurse practioner know

thanks

melissa

sk8muffsmom
on 5/28/17 2:20 pm - Canada

I got the panni, muscle repair (do to large hernia) & breast reduction covered by OHIP. Pre approval took about 8-10 weeks, then the wait for OR times......roughly 2 months.

Good Luck

Leslie W.
on 5/29/17 4:10 pm - Cobourg, Canada

The most you can get covered is panni and breast reduction if you meet ohip requirements. For panni skin usually needs to be hanging below pubis, rashes sores documented ete.. breast reduction requires a certain amount of breast tissue that needs removal not just skin. Not all ps work with ohip. You want a surgeon who works with wls patients such as Dr. Nandagopal. He did my procedures.if you qualify for panni you would have option to upgrade and self pay difference. Ohip procedures only can have a long wait. Met someoe last week and 3 yr wait in Kingston. Self pay can be months. No charge for referrals. There are a few others around Toronto too.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
SoniaT
on 6/18/17 4:06 pm
ReShape on 03/03/17
Most Active