Pics: 2 years post-op lower body lift/breast lift and 1.5 years post-op arm lift

Dcgirl
on 6/22/17 6:58 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi everyone,

When I had RNY at 5'4", age 36, 351 lbs in December 2013, I was apparently delusional and didn't think I was going to have loose skin (!!!). I got down to 160 lbs (my personal goal; surgeon didn't give me one) and my skin was atrocious. I was very proud of my slimmer body, and I worked out 5 days a week, but I couldn't exercise away the loose skin. I finally decided to do a tummy tuck and breast lift - swearing I would never do my arms because I didn't want visible scars. I had a few consultations in the DC area, and I was blown away by Dr. Joseph Michaels in Bethesda, Maryland. He specializes in post massive weight loss plastic surgery and body contouring. He showed me how a tummy tuck would fix the front sag, but make the back more pronounced. So I underwent a full lower body lift with mons lift and breast lift (no implants - he used my own tissue to reshape my breasts) in one surgery.

Well Dr. Michaels did such an amazing job that it made my batwings even more pronounced. So I had an arm lift six months later.

Without a doubt, I don't regret my plastics AT ALL. They have made me so confident in my body and at age 39, I wear a bikini! I am grateful to him everyday. And scarring will vary by person, but Dr. Michaels thin incisions have healed unbelievably well. Look at some of his Instagram posts @drjosephmichaels

In case you (like I was) are worried about how the scars will look, here are some pics two years after the LBL and BL, and 1.5 years after the arm lift. They are not very noticeable. And obviously only the arm scars are visible to anyone but me and my BF :)

This was my original plastics post, FWIW: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/5309071/X-p ost-Everything-I-wished-I-had-known-and-everything-I/

catwoman7
on 6/22/17 9:23 am
RNY on 06/03/15

wow! He did a great job! He's on my shortlist...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Gwen M.
on 6/22/17 9:49 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I highly recommend him too :D

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gwen M.
on 6/22/17 9:49 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Aaaah, super awesome.

As you know, I'm currently recovering from arms and LBL. And it's so weird when I shower! I don't think anyone prepared me for this! My butt is totally different. It's like... my butt cheeks are open instead of smooshed together. And my **** is in a TOTALLY different place than it was before. And then my arms - it's like washing your hair after you've six inches cut off it and AAAAAAAH it's so freaking strange!

Total TMI. I can't even blame drugs at this point.

Your scars look freaking awesome.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Dcgirl
on 6/22/17 9:58 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

And THAT is why I say it's so important to go to a surgeon who has experience doing plastic surgery and BODY CONTOURING after massive weight loss! Seriously, the mons lift and using my own tissue to give me a butt so it's not just flat as a pancake are two of my favorite parts of my body! And they were like an added bonus :) I am glad you're recovering well and able to shower and I am telling you - Dr. Michaels is OCD when it comes to incisions and stitching which means thin and well-healing scars! I honestly am so grateful to that man :)

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/23/17 2:51 pm

You look great. Maintaining weight after PS is critical to long term good results. Maintaining muscle mass is important.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Misce
on 7/1/17 4:39 pm
VSG on 11/19/13

You do look amazing and very nice scarring. I am looking at pictures today myself. I have a surgery date for Aug. 2nd and I am excited and VERY nervous.

I don't want awful results... I have lost a total of 320lbs so there is major skin and I will have to have 3 total surgeries to address it all. I need to talk to him and replacing some of the fat into butt too! I have a memo pad devoted to questions/concerns to ask during my pre-op appt.

Dcgirl
on 8/1/17 10:22 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good luck tomorrow! It's normal to be nervous but if you can just power through a bit of pain over the next few days, hopefully you will be thrilled with the results! You should be so proud of your weight loss and tomorrow is just another step in this awesome journey!

Misce
on 9/30/17 5:19 pm
VSG on 11/19/13

Since I have posted--I DONE it! I had a complete LBL 360 degrees. I ended up having to wait until the 15th of August. My surgeon is Dr. Gavin Dry! He has been really great the entire process, but where his office shines -- HIS STAFF! Those ladies are great, his nurses, are the best in the world. Shout out to Mrs. Dee!

He took off a total of 18 lbs of skin, and there is more to come off. I am needing an upper back lift (bra line scar), arms, boobs, and of course my thighs still. I can't believe I didn't get before pictures of the skin. But who can blame me. And, I was so wrapped up in preparing for my LBL I never thought to take any. When I go back in on the 25th of Oct. I am going to take a snap shot of my pics on file and post before and after. Right now I am only 6 weeks out.

Thank you for your reply and I am happy to have all you here on the forums!

FrederickMama
on 8/1/17 9:56 am

You look amazing!!! Thank you so much for sharing. I'm so glad I found this board and am able to connect to a few of you who've had the same surgery as mine coming up. Definitely has put my mind at ease a bit knowing I'll be in good hands.

Most Active