PS in Connecticut

BradysMom
on 7/10/17 8:54 am - On the Beach, CT

Has anyone had their abdominoplasty done by their bariatric surgeon? My original surgeon doesn't do this (Dr. Ehrlich, amazing dr but unfortunately he relocated to Houston to work at Davis Clinic - lucky folks in TX!) but the one who took over his practice does and has said that my insurance should cover the procedure. We are in the process of getting insurance approval for this and I am anxious to have this skin removed (it's quite a bit of skin, I've lost 140lbs and have maintained it for 11 years now, surgiversary is tomorrow!) but I am not sure if I should see if a PS can do this or not. I am not able to find much information on my surgeon about the abdominal surgery, only the bariatric surgery. Also, I am wondering if my bariatric surgeon gets the approval for the TT, if I am able to transfer it to an in-network PS for the TT since it's the procedure that is approved. I am considering a breast lift as well and if I can combine the procedures for just one surgery, that would be my preference, but finding an in-network PS is proving tricky. I have Oxford/UHC and I am in Trumbull but willing to travel to Stamford or New Haven.

If anyone has any information on Dr. Nissian Nahmias and TT, I would really appreciate it. Or if there are any recommendations of other PS in the area that would be great.

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;19;121/st/20101220/k/c6bd/preg.png[/img]

Gwen M.
on 7/10/17 4:57 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

My understanding is that we're best going to plastic surgeons who specialize in massive weight loss because our skin has different issues. I also wouldn't go to someone who wasn't an actual board certified plastic surgeon who only did plastic surgery. I don't see how someone could be an expert bariatric surgeon AND an expert plastic surgeon.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active