Dr Simak Agha as my Surgeon?

faithfilled
on 7/27/17 1:29 pm

I am thinking about having Dr Simak Agha in Newport Beach do my surgery. I can't seem to find anyone in Salem/Portland Oregon area that has extensive experience in weight loss surgery. I have already had a abdominalplasty and thinking of doing my back side.

Any thoughts or comments on Dr Simak Agha would be appreciated. Thank you!

Dcgirl
on 8/1/17 7:05 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

A close friend of mine had a less than positive experience with Dr Agha - he revised her multi-stage surgery plan 3 times, did a spiral breast lift and a butt aug when she really needed/wanted a tummy tuck and arms most of all, and he got $25k of her money and after surgery wanted $13k more for the breasts and butt he did in surgery - since he had gone out to her mom in the waiting room and told her mom (while she was laying on the OR table!) that something different was required and would cost more so of course her mom was flipping out and said, yes do what you need to do. Overall, her experience with him was HORRENDOUS.

She ended up going to Dr. O'Toole who was apparently amazing.

That being said, I have no doubt some people will say positive things about him - that seems to be the case that for every nightmare, there is a good experience too, so I say you should go have a couple of consults and see who you feel comfortable with and who seems reasonable and who has before and after photos similar to your body. Then look at prices and make a decision.

Good luck! My LBL, BL and AL were the best thing for my mental health! I'm thrilled with my results (but my doc is here in DC - opposite coast).

faithfilled
on 8/6/17 3:44 pm

Thanks DCgirl!

Wow, that's not good to hear. I have gone to one other consultation but I'm finding a hard time finding plastic surgeons that have experience with a LBL. Now I'm more nervous than ever! I want to make sure this is done correctly the first time, I don't want to redo anything.

Thanks for getting back to me!

Dcgirl
on 8/7/17 6:16 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

DEFINITELY go with a doctor who specializes in procedures and body contouring post massive weight loss! We need much different surgeries than someone who had a baby and wants a tummy tuck for example. My friend was super happy (and had incredible results) with Dr. O'Toole. Good luck - it's a huge step but one I don't regret for a second!

Laura in Texas
on 8/7/17 7:54 am

A friend of mine had a similar experience with Dr. Michaels which is why I can never recommend him.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

faithfilled
on 8/9/17 7:09 pm

DCGirl

Could you tell me who did you LBL and where is he located? Was he local for you?

Blessings!

Tina

Laura in Texas
on 8/7/17 7:55 am

I have seen pictures of his work and what I have seen has looked excellent. Did you have a consult with him yet?

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

faithfilled
on 8/7/17 3:22 pm

Laura

I have had a consultation over the phone. I emailed pictures and then talked with him. I received my estimate for what he recommended for me. I've looked at his pictures online of his work and he they look really good to me. My concern is, I've read quite a few negative reviews and that scares me. I want a doctor who stands behind their work (no pun intended).

I really don't want to travel out of state for a LBL but can't find anyone around me that has extensive experience.

This is a REALLY big deal so I want to make sure I do it correctly.

Crazeru
on 8/7/17 2:21 pm

You can take pics from the front, side, back, side and send to [email protected] with quote in the subject and he'll get back to you. You can see pics of LBL in the photo section in his group here on OH. Click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

stargazer22
on 9/25/17 11:35 pm
RNY on 12/31/12

I am in the OC area and did a total of 5 consults including one with Dr. Agha. I ended up not going wit him because he was 45 minutes late to the appointment, spent 10 minutes with me and told me he could do whatever I wanted. He was trying to push surgery that at the time I wasn't interested in and price point wise not competitive (especially considering we have so many plastics here locally). i just didn't feel comfortable with him. I ended up going with Dr. Kyle Song in Irvine, CA. I did a tummy tuck, back/butt lift, breast augmentation and extensive full body lipo over 2 surgeries. Even though he doesn't market as a PS for major weight loss, he is an artist. I've lost over 100 lbs.

One of my clients who did surgery with Dr. Agha, we compared scars a few months ago after my first surgery. She asked me for my surgeons information and she wants a revision from someone else.

If you decide to come to Southern California for surgery I highly recommend my PS.

Most Active