Finally home!

FrederickMama
on 8/14/17 8:10 am

Hi everybody. I had surgery on Friday. The surgery itself went great. Dr Michaels was really proud of his work lol. I had a couple of complications and had to stay a little longer. But I am home on the road to recovery!

Librarian67
on 8/14/17 10:59 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Congrats! What did you have done?

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

FrederickMama
on 8/14/17 3:09 pm

Lower body lift and arm lift

Dcgirl
on 8/14/17 12:20 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

YAY - so glad to hear you're home! Honestly, had I known how much the abdominal muscle tightening was going to hurt my first night home, I would have welcomed being on a pain med IV at the hospital for a couple of days LOL! But I am sorry you had complications, I know his work will be incredible, and I am glad you can rest in comfort at home. Stay on top of your meds for a couple of days - take one right before bed and set an alarm for 4 hours later. That's my biggest tip!

FrederickMama
on 8/14/17 3:16 pm

lol the extra night would've been welcomed under different cir****tances. My blood pressure was too low, heart rate too high and I had a fever of 102 that did not want to go down. The nurses couldn't get they pain under control and I swear they were treating me like I was being unreasonable. They moved me from the recovery room to my room right around shift change. I handnt had any pain meds in 2 hours. So when I got to the room I asked for some. 45 minutes goes by and no ones come in yet. I was in so much pain I was hyperventilating and felt like I couldn't breathe. I made my husband go find the nurse and even then she took her time with the oxygen. After that it took a long time to get the pain level at a reasonable level, then the fevers started. It was a very rough couple of nights.

Dcgirl
on 8/15/17 5:35 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Ugh I am sorry the nurses weren't super helpful! That's annoying. How was your first night home? It only gets better and better, I promise. And hopefully even with the swelling you can already see a dramatic difference!

FrederickMama
on 8/15/17 7:05 am

Last night was better, I did spike a fever again but once that was under control it was a pretty uneventful night. The swelling is insane on my thighs and legs. Even my hands and feet. My waist isn't as bad and I can see results there. Everything else though is much much bigger than I went in lol. Dr Michaels showed me a pic on his phone right on the operating table before I had swelled too much. I'm going to ask him to send it to me at today's post op. I'm still having why did I do this to myself rhoughts and need a little motivation.

Dcgirl
on 8/15/17 10:43 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Oh yeah, regret in the first week is normal. I know the healing process was many days for Gwen, and when I saw her last week at 10 weeks post op LBL and arms she was happy as could be, looking incredible, and already back to exercising! The swelling will subside - think of how long you were under the knife and pumped with fluids and gas. Just stay home, rest, binge watch some good shows, stay hydrated, and get your protein in :) I promise it only gets better. I can now wear a bikini for the first time in my life and look good! And my breasts are where they are supposed to be. You are going to love your results and this will be a distant memory in no time, I promise!

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 8/16/17 10:55 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

My thighs were much bigger coming out after over 4 liters of lipo removed. At a month they are about pre-surgery, but I still see the swelling and am hoping and waiting for the 'shrinkage." I will be in light compression until like, Thanksgiving.

I read that everyone hates their PS sometime in the first 3 weeks, it DOES get better after that!!

Sharon

Gwen M.
on 8/16/17 11:12 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm so grateful that I've never hated my reconstruction. Total faith in my surgeon!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active