Panni Vs. Tummy Tuck Cost

Danielle603
on 10/10/17 6:13 am
VSG on 08/01/17

Has anyone has a panniculectomy covered by insurance but opted to pay out-of-pocket for a tummy tuck? What was the cost to you?

Thanks!

Laura in Texas
on 10/11/17 9:04 am

It has been a while, but I remember in the past people paying 3,000 - 5000 extra to upgrade a panni to a full tummy tuck.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

lawandadh
on 10/11/17 12:18 pm

I went for my consult today, if the insurance covers it my out of pocket to convert will be $2500, if they don't cover the total for tummy tuck and skin removal (panni and lower back fat) all the way around lower body will be $13,000.

Mahalo F.
on 10/17/17 7:28 am

Hi

I am Canadian....

I went in for my consult....

I wear looking for a complete abdominal plasty (complete with the muscle tightening)

I also need a umbilical hernia repair...

The plastic surgeon said that OHIP (our medical insurance only covers $1000 for the Paniculectomy

There is a criteria for the Paniculectomy.

Your weight must be stable for 6 months, documented rash or irritation, your skin must hang well below your pubic bone. They submit request to insurance OHIP & wait for approval.

Paniculectomy is not pretty. Abdominal plasty will yield better results. Belly button will be repositioned.

I asked how much does OHIP cover for the hernia repair. He says, "Oh that is only $250 and it is included in the $1000.

I was sceptical and asked him what doctor would do a hernia repair for $250? Honestly??

You can't even get a tooth pulled for that amount?

His total was $13000 minus the $1000 for the Paniculectomy & hernia repair.

That is ridiculous!

This plastic surgeon rubbed me the wrong way.

Dishonest & shady....

I am going to shop around and quite honestly, I am hoping our Canadian $$ will be at par and I will go to Florida and have my work done there.

NB... OHIP WILL COVER SEX CHANGE OPERATION FIR $30000 BUT WILL NOT COVER PLASTY SURGERY FOLLOWING MASSIVE WEIGHT LOSS.SO UNFAIR....

Sandra

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

Most Active