Ty

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/17 5:05 am

Yea. I will have to look and see if there is other options. Ty

Deanna798
on 10/26/17 9:02 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Probably insurance won't pay for the belly button reconstruction. I bet you could pay him to make you a belly button.

My mother didn't have weight loss surgery, but she had multiple abdominal surgeries and does not have a belly button. It isnt a big deal to her, since she's in her 60s and no one sees her belly but her and my stepdad (and me when she shows me her scars, lol).

I had a tummy tuck recently and my surgeon makes a new belly button, but not in the traditional sense. He just pulls the center of the tummy in and sutures it to the abdominal wall. It's a bit odd. He said that he would go in and revise mine if I want, since it's not very prominent, but it doesn't bother me so as of right now I'm leaving it as is.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/17 5:03 am

Ty for your info.

Laura in Texas
on 10/27/17 6:15 am

We do not get "new" belly buttons during a tummy tuck, just a new opening when the skin is pulled down:.

Each person's belly button is actually attached to a stalk, so when the navel is detached from the skin around it, it remains attached to its stalk. Once your plastic surgeon removes any loose, extra skin, remaining abdominal skin is re-draped over the midsection. During this process, your plastic surgeon creates a new opening for your original belly button. So you have the same navel, but the skin that surrounds it is new and your abdominal contours are dramatically improved.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Mell
on 10/27/17 7:39 am

I agree you should have a new belly button created. You need to secure the inner and outer I thought....

Without I think there are further complications in the future. Ask your doc how many he has done in the past if he has not had many bariatric patients I would suggest you shop around, it is really important to find one who knows how to deal with all our "extra".

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 10/29/17 2:22 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Here is a short video of what happens to belly button during TT. They can make a new one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLCfnc_wA6U

Sharon

Most Active