Any experienced with breast reduction/lift and no implants?

joanne0658
on 11/1/17 4:04 pm

i'll check out your blog late this evening/tomorrow at home . . . .thank you sooooooooo much!

Age: 60 | Height: 5'3.5 | Surgery Date: 07/24/15 | Starting Weight: 292 | Surgery Weight: 267 | Goal Weight:150 | Current Weight: 149 | WL so far: 143 lbs

QoftheU
on 11/1/17 8:26 pm - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

Hi - so here's my story:

Two summers ago I had a LBL, brachio, and reduction w/ implants. I was a 36 DDDD... (ridiculous), and I WANTED to be a 36C/D but with firmness on top so opted for implants. I ended up a 36DD, and after a year, with a big lump above and a saggy breast underneath. Ha! Super hot! I hated them. HATED. THEM. Not his fault - just the nature of previously huge breasts and stretched tissue (surprisingly they were actually firmer than you'd expect). As it turns out there is actually a limit as to how much tissue they can remove and still have breasts.

So, last summer I went back for a minor tummy revision, although my tummy area is not good and never will be - it's just the way it is for me - was a problem area when I was a skinny thing back in the day - but it IS better than it was! Aaaanyway, I also wanted the implants O.U.T. and much further reduction. So now I have no implants and am now around a C/D - and I LOVE it. I don't have tons of tissue up top but more than I did and it's natural. Plus they're FIRM. Yes - FIRM. Wow. And I can go braless! Side note: He gave me the implants which sit proudly on my desk at home!

This summer I head down (Mexico with Dr. Sauceda) for my last surgery to remove the roll under my arm that is kinda part of my breast and hangs over my bra in my armpit. I really despise that.

So, hope that helps!

p.s. I'll be 60 in March.

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

joanne0658
on 11/1/17 10:35 pm

wowser . . . sounds interesting . . . . firm would be GREAT . . . and i have no desire for them to be too big at all . . . my goal is 60 and braless . . . . a bra is a cruel torture device and guys don't don jock straps, so why should i have to wear a bra?

thanks for your words . . . . everyone has been so sweet.

jo

Age: 60 | Height: 5'3.5 | Surgery Date: 07/24/15 | Starting Weight: 292 | Surgery Weight: 267 | Goal Weight:150 | Current Weight: 149 | WL so far: 143 lbs

QoftheU
on 11/10/17 7:18 pm - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

Hi Joanne - indeed I have that experience... in an interesting way (and I'll be 60 in March btw).

I was a 36absurD and wanted to be a 36C and have a little lift on top. So had a reduction/lift with implants. Ended up a 36DD. Smaller but still big. Fast forward a year; I had two bumps near the top of my boobs and saggy stuff underneath.

Take a moment to picture that.

Lovely right? I was bummed but it was kinda cool to have cleavage again so I wavered for months on what to do. Plus, I also was having some super weird intense joint pain issues and massive fatigue, depression. Was tested for lupus, fibro, rheumatoid arthritis, Epstein-Barr, everything and was negative. I just suffered along.

Then one day I read two things; first, that implants require replacement every ten years or so, and second, that many women report autoimmune-type symptoms, i.e., joint pain and fatigue. Well - that did it. Done. Nope.

So, made the decision to go back, have the implants removed, further downsized to a 36C/D and LOVE LOVE LOVE my boobs - they're firm! AND I can go without a bra! I haven't done that since the 70's! Such a treat! I don't do it very often but I can. And buying bras, while never a thrill, is no longer a journey into hell. I will say I don't need underwire anymore and that in itself is amazing; no more poking and digging!

Plus, my joint pain and fatigue mysteriously vanished. Huh. Interesting right?

Bottom line: best plastics decision I've made (other than going for it all in the first place), was to get those damn things out. Not one single moment of regret.

So that's my story for what it's worth and I hope it helps a little. Good luck regardless of your decision!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

vacationlover
on 11/21/17 7:44 am, edited 11/20/17 11:45 pm

I had mine lifted with no implants, 8 days ago, along with a torsoplasty :). I am still swollen, so I actually went from a 36 D long and barely full, to a swollen 38D :). Dr anticipates that I will end up a 36C.

i just wanted to mention that I am happy so far, and barely have any pain/numbness from the lift. So far it?s the easiest part of my recovery :)

CW: 130ish HW: 264 SW:254 Hgt: 5'2

Goals-Dr:159-MET Mine:140-MET!!! Final Goal: 135-MET!!!!!

W4:-22 W8:-11 W12:-10.5 W16:-12 W20:-11.5 W24:-9.5 W28:-8 W32:-7.5 W36:-8 W40:-7.5 W44:-5 W48: -4.5 1Yr/W52: -7

joanne0658
on 11/21/17 8:01 am

Thank you so much for your reply/encouragement. I know having the breasts done will be my only additional surgery and this last week I've been stressing over whether to do it or not. Your reply was definitely timely . . . Juggling $$$ and trying to plan when to retire has been my concern. Thanks to you, I'm going to make plans for my 60th b-day . . . . .Again, thank you!!!!

joanne

Most Active