Three months post LBL, eight months post arm lift - just checking in.

Heather L.
on 1/10/18 1:50 pm - Coquitlam, Canada
VSG on 03/26/15

I haven't taken photos at all since about six weeks out, so I don't have any show and tell this time - sorry!

Everything is healing fine and I'm still amazed at how flat my stomach is. My LBL scar is thin and really well-positioned. I just had my three-month follow-up with my surgeon yesterday and he's all "yup, looks perfect".

It's funny how blasé I've been about recovery from my LBL compared to my arm lift. Especially since this was SO much more painful and hard to recover from overall. I chalk it up to my arms being my first plastics and my being so hyper-conscious of everything going on because it was the very first time. Plus, it was really hard not being able to fully use my arms. I'm still trying to re-build my abdominal strength but I don't find it nearly as limiting as I did not having my full arm range of motion for the same length of time.

There's not really much else to say. I'm done plastics until such time as I win the lottery or some mysterious relative I didn't know about bequeaths me their fortune, so my challenge is now enjoying the exciting changes while coming to love my remaining "issues". It'll never fail to amaze me just how much of this entire journey has been mental when it would outwardly appear to have all been physical -- from losing the weight to dealing with the aftermath to plastics to dealing with that aftermath.

I want to thank all of you who came before to share your stories and experiences to help me prepare for my journey. And to all of those who come after: you can do it. Just breathe and do the work.

VSG Mar 26, 2015 Dr. Sharadh Sampath -- 5'3" -- 47YO -- HW: 294 - SW: 261 - CW: 192 - GW: 175
Bi-lateral Brachioplasty May 8, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid
Lower Body Lift Oct 2, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid

"Weight is lost in kitchens, health is gained in gyms." - Dr. Yoni Freedhoff

heatherisshrinking.tumblr.com

samiamiam
on 1/26/18 12:27 pm

Hello,

I have not seen any photos, before or after and would LOVE to. I also am waiting to win the lottery:) What doctor did you use, how much did it cost, where was the doctor located. Did the LBL include a full tummy tuck? What else did you LBL include

Thank you so much for answering these questions.

Tammy

Thank you to all who take the time to share and give me advice.
Teresa
Most Active