Arms & breast lift-thinking about it-May?

RHBryan
on 3/14/18 9:12 pm - Atlanta, GA

Haven't posted in awhile.

I'm seriously thinking about getting my arms & breasts done.

As someone here described hers, tube socks with quarters in them, I think mine have marbles instead :/

I don't hate my arms. They've done some pretty incredible things, held some pretty incredible people, hugged, loved and saved a couple of lives too.

I guess I'm trying to justify having surgery at 55.

My RNY was Sept. 2011. Highest was 305, lowest was 120 but family and friends were not happy about that number. They thought I looked like death, I didn't and my doctor didn't either.

I leveled out at a comfortable 145 until 2015.

4 walks with hospice in 3 years, now a alzheimer's caregiver I'm staring at 180.

For those who've had the surgery, would May in the south be recommended? I've noticed that some wear the compression gear and some don't. Not sure if the humidity in Atlanta would be piling on the misery.

I'd have perky boobs and no XXXL batwings, then again I don't want to set myself up for months of misery

CC C.
on 3/14/18 10:39 pm

My tube socks aren't filled with anything. Luck you with your marbles! You don't need to justify wanting to feel normal to anyone. This is reconstructive surgery, not cosmetic...

As to compression garments in May in Atlanta, I can't speak to that. But I suffer in heat and humidity, so I'd probably be uncomfortable with no compression garments!

Gwen M.
on 3/15/18 1:24 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Recovery from my arm and breast lifts was really easy. I found the arm sleeves quite comfortable, even in the height of a hot and humid summer. I can't remember exactly how long I wore sleeves, but it was fine.

In theory you'll have AC most places?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

RHBryan
on 3/17/18 4:32 pm - Atlanta, GA

well, I think I'm going to start the process. Any tips on surgeouns to avoid? I've browsed several sites, but the change seems to minimial. I want to make sure I no long have to pleat, roll up like a croosant

and then tuck them just so. Just still trying to justify the surgery. do you wear the compression cargments until your bloouses or long tpshirts?

Can you tell I'm a big goober ? Any and all thoughts appreciated.

Gwen M.
on 3/17/18 4:35 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I would recommend avoiding any surgeon who doesn't have extensive experience with people who have lost large amounts of weight.

I don't know what you're asking about wearing the compression garments - are you asking if I wear them under clothing? Yes. In my case I wore a lot of sleeveless dresses while recovering, so I'd wear them under my dress, but they were still visible, since I was wearing sleeveless things.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

RHBryan
on 3/19/18 2:48 pm - Atlanta, GA

Ok, my previous message was a mess! I think my laptop is on its last lap.

R

RHBryan
on 3/19/18 2:50 pm - Atlanta, GA

Holy Cow, my computer keys were stuck on the above message.

I think my laptop is on it's last lap.

I'm going to search the internet for arm compression garments.

Does anyone have a picture of them? Would the Atlanta humidity be miserable?

I'm going to start my calls in the morning. Here's hoping for a new beginning

R

AliveMe
on 8/17/18 9:38 pm

Sheesh, my computer was awful-the spelling and sticking of the keys.

Surgeon found, booked, cardiology clearance and now to get my "comfy basket" prepared.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 3/26/18 2:02 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I wore compression sleeves for 6 months and am very happy with the long term results (well, 21 mo post-op). With arms, the long term downside is visible scars. If your arms swell, that puts stress on the inscisons and will make the scars more visible.

I had my surgery in early July and needed A****il October. I got extra sleeves - one wash one on. Also, I had help - no stretching for 6 weeks - put everything from your cabinets on your counters, etc.

I had bi lat breast lift withOUT implants - lipoed fat from saddlebags to breasts - finished at a B-, which is where I always was.

So, some things to think about:

1- how extensive an arm lift. I needed the full zip - from 3 inches below elbow up, through armpit, and down about 6 inches to where the bottom on my bra band would be. I have NO sweat glands left or armpit hair - that is how much was removed.

2-I am a teacher, so early summer was my only option. If I could, the winter would be easier. Sweat is NOT your friend - until the tissue heals, sweat does not work its way to your skin surface, it fills in the area where tissue is damage and causes swelling. This is not so much an issue for the breast lift, because the scars are not visible.

3-you will need help for the fisrt week. I found a elec recliner on craigss list for

Sharon

Pat D.
on 3/27/18 6:48 am
VSG on 01/17/18

Make sure you go with a board-certified PLASTIC surgeon and not a "cosmetic" surgeon. From what I understand, anyone can call him/herself a cosmetic surgeon...you find many of those folks in the "medical spa" settings.

And ditto on finding a surgeon with tons of experience with surgical weight loss patients, not just face & eye lifts.

Good luck to you!

Surgery 1/17/18 HW: 279 SW:261 CW:220 Goal: 150

"Nothing is impossible with God's grace.."

Most Active