New non-surgical approach to reduce cellulite

Au_Contraire
on 5/8/18 12:25 pm

I read this with interest, and thought some of you might be interested, too. This injection therapy is in the end stage of testing prior to FDA approval:

From Shape magazine:

"The Future of Cellulite Treatment
Clinical trials are underway for a remedy developed by Stony Brook University researchers Marie A. Badalamente, Ph.D., and Alexander B. Dagum, M.D. Their work has led to the development of a collagenase injection, a non-surgical method aimed at smoothing skin by breaking down the collagen that secures fat tissue beneath the skin. The 10 women treated had an average 76 percent reduction in the appearance of cellulite and reported being extremely happy with the results six months after. While a larger phase 2 study is still taking place, researchers are optimistic that this could potentially be the first medically based effective and FDA-approved treatment for cellulite."

More info:

https://www.bizjournals.com/bizwomen/news/latest-news/2018/0 2/endo-testing-potential-cellulite-medicine-xiaflex.html?pag e=all

I've been carefully studying the photos of post-massive weight loss thigh lifts. Generally, a really pretty good result seems to be obtained in those patients whose primary issue is excess skin sagging. Those patients with pronounced cellulite, however, often have a car less aesthetic result. In the future if this new therapy can be combined with a thigh lift it seems possible that beautiful results (albeit with a scar) can be more uniformly attained. I assume this injectable pharmaceutical therapy could be used anywhere cellulite is a problem - derriere, thighs, even arms in some cases.

Most Active