Approved for surgery

White Dove
on 7/25/18 6:58 pm - Warren, OH

Most of us paid for the plastic surgery ourselves. Although it is common for the insurance to cover panni, it is still sort of plastic surgery. I had no coverage and paid for all of it and it was a very good investment. Less than a new car and will last a lot longer.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/18 5:47 am
VSG on 10/11/16

Haha, I hope it lasts! Then again, if it lasts as long as my last new car, I'll be pushing 70. Sticker shock (for my insurance) and coverage is settling in. We had an exceptionally good policy for over 30 years. My wife changed jobs for something better in many ways, but it being a smaller company, insuarance apparently wasn't one of them. We've been sorting it out since she started for a number of things. We are still getting used to it.

White Dove
on 7/26/18 11:21 pm - Warren, OH

The lady at the insurance company wanted me to file a claim, but I had never had a rash or any doctor visit related to the panni, I just wanted it gone. If a person wants coverage they usually need evidence of rashes and medical treatment for the condition.

One member posted that she got hers covered by using sandpaper to irritate the skin under her panni, taking pictures, and then getting treatment so she could use build up evidence for an insurance claim.

I find it fascinating that people will commit that type of insurance fraud and then post about it on social media.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/18 5:54 am
VSG on 10/11/16

I can think of a few other words besides fascinating. My experience has been very close to yours. I've had almost no difficulty with rashes. I've had two minor ones that were easily treated within a day or two with OTC measures.

A person in authority was discussing this with me at an appointment last year. She jokingly said I could "just not take care of it" in order to get coverage. However, the "I'm joking" part came after my reaction. I do not care for insurance companies at all. I think in a lot of ways, they are parasitical, especially when they collude with government to force us into artificially high premiums. But fraud is a crime, and despite my dislike for them and their practices, I am not one who would engage in that. You are right, talking about it like that out in public is pretty stupid. She may end up as the inmate with the nicest looking tummy tuck in the slammer.

Shannon S.
on 8/1/18 12:29 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

On the positive side YOUR APPROVED!!! Congratulations!

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/18 1:08 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

Thank you. They will be picking up some of the tab. It will be interesting to see how the surgery itself plays out. I am 16 lbs away from losing 50% of my starting weight. Surgery will get some of that, but I doubt all of it. I am still losing very slowly, even with upping my protein. I would be happy to stay right where I'm at once surgery is done. I'll be so skinny I could fall through a stove pipe without getting sooty.

Most Active