Itty Bitty ***** Committee

paragondream
on 7/19/18 9:01 pm

So a few days ago I went to my first ever plastic surgeon consult in my town. I won't go into the experience as it was a little lackluster, but I did walk away feeling very sad about my breasts.

In high school I was somewhere in between a B cup and a C cup until I got morbidly obese and they ballooned out to D/DD. Not full, perky, awesome breasts. More like sad sorry lopsided... You get the picture.

Now, after weight loss surgery, my breasts are the terrible tube socks that we all fear. I was hoping to be able to get a little augmentation, nothing drastic, just a little bit Ffuller, finally help me define my shape - as I have always been an extremely lopsided pear-shaped woman.

Unfortunately, the doctor said that to do a breast lift on me he would have to actually make my breast smaller, even taking some out of my bigger one to, make me smaller and more evenly matched. I was devastated. The last thing I want to be is even smaller than I already am. I know that's just vanity, but at least it's the truth.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Has anyone just had a lift without augmentation? If so I would love to see your pictures especially if you're someone who has a similar body type as my own. Thank you!

~Paragondream

MarinaGirl
on 7/20/18 6:46 am, edited 7/20/18 12:13 am

It is not uncommon that a breast lift (aka mastopexy) without augmentation may make you smaller (1 cup size). The goal of a breast lift is to lift your breasts back to their former, higher position on the chest, which involves trimming excess skin. BUT the difference reflects the changing profile of the breast rather than a true reduction in breast size. So even though your bra cup size may change, that may be due to previously needing to wear a larger bra cup size for comfort and to fit the sagging tissue, and not because your actual breast is smaller after surgery. Sagging breasts just fills out a larger than actual bra cup size than non-sagging breasts.

You may require augmentation to get a fuller look than what your breasts were like at your lowest weight in high school (B/C cup). Or you may like the new positioning of your breasts. Only you can decide what you prefer, but it sounds like some augmentation may be required to get the look you desire.

Gwen M.
on 7/20/18 7:31 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I had mastopexy only, no augmentation. I had an upper body lift at the same time. I went from being a 36DD to a 32DD. Same brand, so same sizing. (I'm 31 underbust and 36 at the largest point.) My surgeon told me to expect "large B, small C." Hahahahaha.

This is my surgeon's Instagram post with my boobs. https://www.instagram.com/p/BYHHRIvnziH/

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Maddymoe2
on 7/21/18 4:48 pm
RNY on 11/22/16

Gwen,

your breasts look amazing!

Gwen M.
on 7/21/18 6:22 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Thanks! I'm super, super happy with them.

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

katester143
on 7/21/18 11:15 am
RNY on 05/03/16

I also had a mastopexy, along with brachioplasty, same surgeon as Gwen. I was really surprised what size bra I needed post surgery since it was not so different than my pre-surgery size but the difference in droop, perk, and shape is amazing. I also sense that there is a difference between the full-figure and regular versions of bras that have the same numerical and alphabetical size. I never would have gone for implants but the lift made an incredible difference in how I look and feel. I will also say that the recovery was easy and the scars are super fine.

CC C.
on 7/21/18 6:31 pm

I was a 42B at my heaviest and am now a droopy 36B/34C. My surgeon said doing a lift without augmentation would leave me really small as I basically have no breast tissue and frankly never did. He said he would need to at least do a small implant with a lift to leave me with anything. It's a bummer to not have the choice of good breasts with just a lift...

wannabesupermomm
y

on 7/21/18 11:18 pm - New York, NY
RNY on 10/25/16 with

I had massive breasts my entire life. I never knew my proper size, but I would say I capped out at about 40/42 EE or F at my heaviest. I wore what I could find and wasn't too embarrassed to wear, basically. Having lost all the weight, I was left with nothing but the tube socks you describe. I wore a 36DDD just before surgery. When I saw my surgeon for the first time, Dr. Capella, he explained that when someone needs a drastic lift, such as myself, that he would not put in an implant at the same time because it would cause pulling and strain in opposite directions on the incision, but an implant could be placed about 6 months later.

I just had my surgery done a little less then 2 weeks ago, and I am very happy with just the lift. Did I lose size? Absolutely. But my breasts are NORMAL looking now. They are probably a small C. But they sit prettily on my chest, with nicely sized and placed nipples. It is something I would have never dreamed of.

Honestly, I would say don't be scared of the lift. I was scared of the itty bitty ***** committee because large breasts were a part of my "identity" my whole life. But now that I'm here, I'm very happy! I can't wait to be healed enough to go bra shopping!

RNY w/ Dr. George Fielding @ NYU 10/25/2016

LBL, BL, MASTOPEXY, FLANKPLASTY, BRACHIOPLASTY w/Dr. Joseph Capella @ Hackensack 07/11/2018

Stay tuned!

Gwen M.
on 7/22/18 1:07 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

At two weeks, you probably still have a lot of swelling. So be prepared for your breasts to continue to change!

NeedsSleep
on 7/25/18 7:37 am - IL
VSG on 09/20/12

After I lost all of my weight, I had to buy bras in a 38 G and alter them to fit the band because that was too big but they don't make 34 Gs. My surgeon told me that I'll be an A cup after reduction/lift. I BEGGED him to try to keep them as big as possible, thinking that if I HAD to, I'd get implants some time later since insurance won't cover that part. Right out of surgery, I was sad because they were small but now I'm 8 months out and they look GREAT! I wear normal bras with a little bit of stiffness and I fill them. I'm still wearing a D cup!

Also, I might add, it looked worse at the beginning because I had two skin flaps on my belly that looked like pool floaties that were bigger than my boobs. I just got those taken off 8 weeks ago (insurance paid) so I'm all good now!

I will get my arms done some time next year because that is self pay. My insurance will pay for thighs but I won't get them done. He said it's very painful and I don't plan on ever wearing a bikini and they're not that bad.

I hope this helps!

HW: 292 - SW: 237 - GW: 165

(the first 55 lbs. was from Weight Watchers, over 2 years)

Most Active