Dr Arturo Valdez Gomez?

Kerry J.
on 8/7/18 11:22 am - Santa Clara, UT

Anyone have any experience or information on this surgeon? I think I'll probably go to Dr Sauceda, but one of the Medico people keep telling me this surgeon is the best in Mexico... I have my doubts, but I thought I would at least ask.

Crazeru
on 8/12/18 10:30 pm

Kerry,

You can check out RealSelf and see if anyone has posted info on him. I've never heard of him.

It was great seeing you in Vegas!

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Kerry J.
on 8/13/18 10:55 am - Santa Clara, UT

Hi Chris,

It was great to see you too, I was totally surprised to see you there. I had never met Lloyd or KJ before, so that was a pleasant surprise too.

I don't think I will bother with that Doc, he seemed nice, but if no one here knows about him or has any experience with him, it would be impossible for me to trust him compared to Dr. S.

I have a consult with a local surgeon here today and after that I'll make my decision. I can't imagine I'll be more impressed with him than Dr. S and I know or have heard so many people compliment him. He was impressive to me because he answered all my ticky tack questions with patience and tact. Couple that with his personal presence and personality and all the rave reviews it would be tough to beat him.

My wife is really worried about going to Mexico and that's part of why the consult today.

Hope to see you again soon so it's not another 9 or 10 years!

Kerry

Crazeru
on 8/13/18 12:42 pm

It's good to get other PS consults in the states. Make sure you question how many WLS patients that they've done. Our skin is so different than if they are doing a little mommy make over.

The big thing for me was doing an LBL and breast lift and sending me home with a pain pump. Living by myself, I wanted the care that I'd receive in the clinic with 24/7 RN care. Have Barb read about my experiences. Search back to Jan 2011 & 13 when I went to Monterrey by myself.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Kerry J.
on 8/13/18 7:21 pm - Santa Clara, UT

Hi Chris,

The consult went OK today, my wife Barb wanted to go too and I encouraged her. She was thinking that if I had this done, my recovery would be like hers when she had a tummy tuck and some other work done. The dic explained to her that I have no need of muscle reconstruction I have plenty of abdominal muscles and they are not damaged from being pregnant.. LOL Her recovery was really difficult, much like mine was for the open DS I had done. Since for me the plastics would be only skin and fat removal, it would not be anywhere near as difficult to recover from. Add to that, I am in excellent shape so it should not be a big deal.. knock on wood!

I was shocked to get the quote from them; the total for everything including anesthesia and OR was $7440.00. I was expecting over $10k. Anyway, I was more impressed with Dr. S, but having it done locally has some definite advantages, I would go home after the surgery and the after surgery care would be available from the original surgeon. Barb is voting for the local guy, I'm still on the fence.

That's the latest.

Kerry

Crazeru
on 8/14/18 10:30 am

Was that for an LBL only?

Chris
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Kerry J.
on 8/14/18 1:02 pm - Santa Clara, UT

No it is for a 360 degree tummy tuck.. It was difficult to make sure we were talking about the same thing; the local doc calls it a mini tummy tuck because there is no muscle involvement. But in the consult, I made sure he was thinking and planning to take up all the loose skin all the way around. I'm not really sure he would do the exact same thing Dr S would do, but I just don't know enough about medical terms to know exactly what he meant. He called it a 360 Abdominoplasty. There was one thing that I had some concern about; he said he didn't like to do liposuction in the area where he does a tummy tuck as it can cause healing problems; it bruises the tissue enough that is can hinder healing. When I asked about how the excess fat I have in a few areas would be handled, he said they just take it out with the skin... Not sure what that really means.

When I was talking to Sr S, he called it a lower body lift. And I am not sure what if any different there is between those two procedures.

Crazeru
on 8/14/18 2:30 pm

How many WLS folks has he worked on? That's another biggy. Our skin is so damaged, plus it is harder to work on.

Dr S does lipo before so he can pull flat. I had no bruising on my tummy where he lipo'd the whole fat mess that I called my 3rd boob, that just wouldn't go away. I did need the muscle tightened done. Which means that you walk like a old person bent over for a month or so while it heals.

Chris
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active