Update to "Just Had Thigh Lift 7/17/18"

feistyemm
on 8/17/18 10:19 am - Westchester, NY

So yesterday I went to see my surgeon after another 2 week post-op. He feels the open wound is beginning to heal nicely. I can see it has gotten a bit small, so I am more hopeful. He said to continue to do what I'm doing, which is to change the dressing with bacitracin 2x daily. I've turned the pain corner of the incisions down the thigh.

We discussed the fixing of the extra skin, and I am much more hopeful with that issue as well. He believed I did not want a scar all the way down my thigh, which is true. But I believed he was doing it another way: pulling everything up. He said that would not have been possible, so he went down as far as he could go with the idea that the scar would not show in shorts or skirts higher than the knee. We are now on the same page, and he is going to go down to the knee to fix it. It is clear that I heal down the thigh very well and you can barely see the scar. He does not have to start anywhere near the groin, where the open wound is, but about 4 inches down, and said that the fix will be maybe 1/2 hour in the operating room, and will not be tight enough to pull at all while still getting my desired effect. He also said that the pain where he will be cutting will be much less painful than where the cutting was before. He said we can do it any time by October and beyond. I am SOOOOO relieved. He will also fix the breast at the same time, which is not staying put but moving to the side. He said that will be easy as well. So my stress level is way down, knowing that I'm not really going through all of this again. And I don't need my wallet.

Thank you everyone *****plied to my initial posting about this. It was much appreciated!!!!

Marla

Marla a/k/a Feistyemm
Surgery Date: 4/21/2005; HW: 333/ SW: 271/ CW:133/ GOAL: 150 or UNDER

Highest BMI: 54.7; BMI Now: 22.6 -- Jeans before surgery: 32. Now: 6
PS: 2006/7 LBL, Bracheoplasty & Upper Thigh Lift. 8/2012: UBackLift & Breast Implants
(redone 3 times). 7/17/18: vertical thigh lift (needs to be redone - left too much skin) &
replacement of 1 breast implant due to rupture (still needs to be fixed due to placement).

Leslie W.
on 8/24/18 4:42 am - Cobourg, Canada

I did my thigh lifts in stages. First was spiral (the hardest to heal and did have some complications. Then did the medial lift. Much easier surgery.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Most Active