Post-surgery supply list for arm & breast lift

AliveMe
on 8/27/18 8:47 pm

Someone mentioned a list for the arm surgery & also breast lift. I've read most of the PS forum and unable to locate the list. I'm normally not a nervous nelly; however, I think Alzheimer's might be the culprit.

caregivers lined up for hubby; myself and our pets

I've got my linen basket ready-fresh pillow cases etc. batteries for remote ? and movies ready

i still need to get a list to make my caregivers food/ snacks ready.

front button PJ's and shirts, need to get comfy pull on pants. I've got yoga and workout gear, but the thought of wiggling, pulling & tugging to get into them, makes me nervous.

Can someone direct me to the list? I've tried search engine.

Thank you in advance, I'm vacillating between excitement and the 2nd guessing rollercoaster.

Dcgirl
on 8/28/18 6:07 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Well, each person is different. Some people found they like to sleep in a recliner after surgery, for example. I was fine in a bed. I had my breast lift along with a lower body life. I had zero pain in my breasts. My abdomen on the other hand - wowza! Then I had my arm lift separately and other than keeping my arms slightly elevated on pillows for 2 days, I was back to walking 4 miles a day and going to the movies after 4 days. Here is my list, but others may weigh in:

Things I needed:

• A wedge pillow (I don't have a recliner, the wedge pillow was perfect). I got this one online http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009HHLBKK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • A stepstool next to my bed to put a water bottle on, my cell phone, my OxyCodone for the middle of the night, a magazine, chapstick, etc. (so I didn't have to awkwardly reach to my nightstand)
  • Someone to stay with me for a week, to help fetch me food and drinks and pills, to empty my drains, to just sit next to me while I felt crappy
  • A crappy tank top or t-shirt that can get bloody to wear under the unsexy bra
  • The weird front closure non-underwire bra that Dr. Michaels sent me home from the hospital with
  • All of my prescriptions filled and ready BEFORE surgery (I had zofran for nausea, OxyCodone for pain, Valium for muscle spasms, an antibiotic to fend off infection, Lovanox to thin my blood)
  • Non-prescription meds like Tylenol (I had a few headaches), Colace (stool softener), Senno (laxative)
  • Gentle lotion like Eucerin because your skin (the skin without incisions) gets itchy being all wrapped up tightly.
  • A lanyard to wear around your neck and hook your drains to while you are in the shower. (if you have drains)
  • A clean apartment and clean sheets on the bed and clean towels. You don't want to have to worry about that after surgery, and you don't want to get infections either!
  • Protein, protein, protein. Some bars, some chicken, some fish...whatever your favorite protein is...protein helps you heal so have your fridge and freezer stocked.

NeedsSleep
on 8/29/18 7:57 am - IL
VSG on 09/20/12

That's a GREAT list. I wore cheap tank tops from Old Navy under my compression garment to keep it from itching me because I was itchy! I also sent my daughter to the store for men's basketball shorts with a drawstring. I'm three months out and I still sleep in them. They're so comfy!

HW: 292 - SW: 237 - GW: 165

(the first 55 lbs. was from Weight Watchers, over 2 years)

AliveMe
on 9/1/18 8:25 pm

Thank you so much for that awesome list!

I've started my usual pre-surgery cleaning-with-a-toothbrush routine.

I'm going to spend this week getting everything done and trying to formulate my plans to cover A-Z to AAA plans. Little crazy about the list making.

My brain has already drifted over to the what-if-this happens etc....

Sydcel
on 9/10/18 9:25 am
RNY on 05/04/17

Hey DCGirl - Dr. Michaels? I believe we have the same surgeon! I'm scheduled for an extended tummy tuck, breast lift, and arm lift on 11/05/18. I'd love to hear more about your surgery and recovery. Are you estatic with your results? Do you have any regrets?

Sydcel

Most Active