Atlanta surgeon rec?

TheAlps
on 9/18/18 1:55 pm - Atlanta, GA

Hi Yall,

I did a DS in 2009 (over 700) and have been living at 180-200 range since then. I have some mens issues that are complex, so I am guessing I would need a plastic surgeon and like someone that specializes in gender reassignment stuff to make sure my ehhh little hobbit comes out in one piece and working fully! Any men that lost more than 300/400 have any insights? Thanks!

Chris

AliveMe
on 9/19/18 11:25 am

Hi Chris,

I thought I'd weigh in ;) since nobody had.

First and foremost, the one recurring sentence is "must have current knowledge of WL skin". Repeatedly.

I had my RNY in September 2011! My anniversary is coming up. Holy cow, just checked the calendar and it's on the same day as my plastic surgery. Freaky.

Anyway, I have had a very complicated journey, emotionally and physically, not due to by RNY surgery but other things. I had 2previous consults and 4 more out of town booked. This guy was consult #3. Within 10 minutes, I had flung my gown off and it was on like donkey kong. He made me feel that comfortable. It was when he was eyeballing my staring at my skin, marking it, moving back to take looks, remarking etc. I realized he was looking at my skin just like I stare at fabric. When I commented, he was so involved, I repeated it and he looked up, turned red and said I'm sorry, I was focusing on this area. When I pointed out certain things, he looked and said we can do that. I asked what the charge would be, as others here have commented on the uncharges. His response? Why would I charge extra? You've reserved the OR. He then mentioned a few more things, again I asked about the charges. He said nope, You've got a BL and Arm Lift and I just want you to be happy. Besides your body is my canvas. I said well this canvas is lumped on the floor.

On my pre-op visit, I took my caregiver with me. He's in the medical field and within 5 minutes of talking to the PA, he said you chose wisely. Doctor just happened to pop in and introduced himself, looked at the PA's notes and said do you mind if I take another look, shirt was off before he could blink. He rechecked, measured, rechecked and told PA you're right. I reiterated I'm a little to old to be "pole dancing" so please no money makers on me.

My entire career has been about due diligence, rapid fire, trust your gut, follow your training but trust your gut instincts. The few times that I haven't, the price paid was heavy. I would give my surgeons consult team and talk openly and honestly with them. I flung everything at them, while they tried to keep their mouths closed it was difficult. I said laugh freely, I do or else I'd go insane.

I can also tell you the ones to avoid, who asked why now, how much surgery do you want? Want a neck lift etc...I let him take a look and it was all about the upsell. Another surgeon had listed WLS on website but when I asked to see his albums of WLS patients, there were none. He said but you can be my 1st. Um NO according the the veterans of WLS, our skin is different and to top it off, I'm Native American so a BIG chance I would keloid. I didn't even disrobe for that one. Consult #3, door opened and I was looking at Dr. Doogie Houser, he looked all of 15, he knows his stuff. His bedside manner, his offering to work around MY schedule, offering his personal cell phone. Trust

#1-Do your due diligence

#2-WLS is different-Read/research what the veterans have posted. Someone had an excellent post about the

why our skin is different. It's an eye-opener. You've worked hard, you've fought for yourself, so finish strong

with someone who HAS patients and photographs to prove it

#3-If a doctor says you'll be his first, RUN.

4-DO NOT GIVE UP! DON'T ever Give UP. Somebody in Atlanta will know, heck even if my PS can't do it, I bet he might know someone who can address your concerns Atlanta

is a big place. I"m still learning my way around.

Crazeru
on 10/10/18 11:06 am

You may want to email Dr Sauceda at [email protected] if you don't mind traveling. He does amazing work. Check out his group here on OH. Dr Sauceda OH Group

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active