BL/ArmLift this Friday-final questions

AliveMe
on 9/19/18 11:38 am

I'm excited but spinning inside like the tazmanian devil. Last batch of questions.

at what day did you hit the wall and wonder why on earth you did this to yourself?

I know it happens. I won't be able to move my arms so hitting the wall in frustration won't be allowed.

for the arm lifts, what did you do when the itching becomes unbearable? Surgery tape makes me itch.

Last question for the BL-did you have dreams that the bride of Frankestine would look better than your girls do? I know the bra sling, and areola stitches will be a sight.

Absolute last question for all-any regrets for your surgery due to the scars? unknown obstacles?

Got my shopping list, and a quick visit to my hubby then home to scrub the floors.

Dcgirl
on 9/19/18 12:06 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hmmm that's a good question! Because I had my breast lift at the same time as my lower body lift, I had ZERO pain in my breasts. And then my arm lift was maybe six months later and I was totally fine with no pain as well. The only pain I had was the abdominal muscle tightening which you aren't having, so hopefully you won't be in a lot of pain!

I knew that as time went by I would forget all the stuff I feared, did to prepare, felt afterwards, etc...so I put together a document. If you are interested it's here in Word: here

I really only thought "omg I will die, what have I done" on my first night home when I fell asleep after taking a pain pill and didn't set an alarm to get up 4 hours later and take another pill...instead I woke up maybe 5 or 6 hours later and my abdominal muscles hurt so much I was gasping to breathe. My mom was staying with me to take care of me and I was begging her to call 911 lol. I mean, I don't know what I thought an ambulance would do, but she just placated me, gave me a few pretzels to get something in my stomach, gave me a painkiller with some water, and hushed me until I fell back asleep. Ha!

My scars are honestly pale and amazing. Each body is different so that's no guarantee, but overall, I look good in clothes, in a bathing suit, and even out of clothes, so I couldn't be happier.

Good luck!!!

brenmcc
on 7/21/19 7:47 pm
RNY on 03/11/19

Thank you very much for sharing this document, super helpful!!!

I've lost 94 lbs so far in 2019 and am on track to hit my goal weight by the end of October. I'm hoping to have brachioplasty, a tummy tuck & breast lift in Feb or March (allowing 3-4 months for my weight to stabilize).

I live in upstate NY so am researching surgeons here and in neighboring states. It sounds like several on this site have entrusted Dr. Michaels with your transformations. Can you tell me if you found his prices comparable to other surgeons that you may have consulted with? Thank you!

Gwen M.
on 9/19/18 12:08 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

For my breasts and arms, I never once wondered why I did it to myself. Even with my legs, when I had minor complications, I still never wondered why. I knew exactly why and never lost sight of that. It's definitely not a given.

If you have an allergy to surgery tape, discuss that with your surgeon so they can use something else. Otherwise, ask about benadryl.

I have no idea what you're talking about with the bride of Frankenstein.

I have zero issues with my scars. Even where they're more noticeable on my legs due to the complications I had. They're scars. Shrug. People have them and they're a part of life. No longer having skin that impedes my movement is super awesome.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Sydcel
on 9/19/18 12:58 pm
RNY on 05/04/17

It wasn't until after my 6th surgery, 8th tattoo, and God only knows how many bandaids, that a doctor informed me that I was allergic to adhesives. I always itched like crazy, had rashes, and heat at the site of adhesives, but always thought it was related to healing -- you know the old adage -- its gonna get worse before it gets better! HA!

At any rate, now that I know -- and ALWAYS tell anyone who might ever consider sticking anything onto my skin, my life has been much more comfortable. :)

All that is to say that I concur with whomever above (I can't remember if it was Emily or Gwen) said to be sure to mention it to your surgeon. Why add to your discomfort unnecessarily?

Good luck with your surgery -- I'm scheduled for some work in early November!

Most Active