How do I get insurance approved for plastic surgery & who would you recommend in...

Nani06
on 9/28/18 11:41 pm
VSG on 03/31/18

I'm seeking knowledge on how to get approved for plastic surgery when I have no rash? I have cal optima insurance if anyone got approved with this insjurance? Who would recommend as a plastic surgeon in Orange county CA?

catwoman7
on 9/29/18 5:43 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

although I don't know anything about Cal Optima in particular, most companies won't cover it unless you have well-documented medical issues because of the excess skin, like chronic rashes. The only way to know for sure, though, is to contact the insurance company and ask them. A lot of us (probably most) end up paying out of pocket for it :-(

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

sonnieN
on 10/3/18 11:23 am - grand rapids, MI

get a copy of your insurance full rider and look for the reconstructive surgery area. Just because someone else had the same insurance as you doesn't mean you have the same coverage. It all depends on the riders and inclusions and exclusions your company choose. If it can be covered they usually have some criteria that must be met and sometimes is listed in the rider.

Bonroxie19
on 10/15/18 7:56 pm

Hi there,

i have anthem bcbs insurance. I was completely covered for a tt, mr, 360 lift, mons lift with dr. domanski. He is located in Newport Beach. I am very happy with my results. Let me know if you need an more information.

Bonnie RNY 2/11/15 by Dr. Takahaski

5'3" SW 230 pounds, GW per Dr. Takahaski 150 pounds, CW 132 pounds (10/1/17)

BMI 19% Bod Pod test 1/29/17 13.1 mile half marathon, 1 hour 59 mins (8/21/2017)

DrL
on 12/4/18 5:24 pm - Houston, TX

Plans vary so check the language. In general, you must have several months of skin breakdown not responding to treatment to get the excess skin removed.

I've got a page on my website that I think has the BCBS language:

https://drlomonaco.com/patient-resources/

Keep us posted !

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Kathy S.
on 12/19/18 12:35 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Nani,

Rarely does insurance pay for plastic surgery unless you have a hernia and the surgeons will go ahead and to the Panni. Also, as others have mentioned if you can show documentation of long term issues that is affecting your health they may reconsider, but only the areas that are deemed medical necessary. I feel my plastic surgery was just as key for me staying at goal as the weight loss surgery. It makes me sad we can't get some help from insurance.

That being said don't give up. There is financing available if that is an option for you. If you are having medical issued due to the excess skin, take photos. They are very powerful evidence to get your case heard and approved.

I will send you some surgeons in the area you mentioned.

Keep us posted on how you are doing and how we can help

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Kathy S.
on 12/20/18 4:48 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

You have mail

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active