Recent Posts

FuturePinUp
on 12/9/17 12:18 pm
Topic: RE: Well...I'm Getting a Breast Revision!

Thank you!!! Can't wait to just get this over and done with!

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

FuturePinUp
on 12/9/17 12:18 pm

He has experience with massive weight loss patients. Vast or not? I cannot say, but he has truly done magic with my tummy, like total magic.

As far as my breasts, I was advised by 2/3 doctors I consulted with (one of which is known on these forums for working with massive weight loss patients) that if I wanted to keep my implants on the smaller size and keep as much natural breast tissue as possible, it would be a risk that things may not settle perfectly, due to laxity. But I opted to go for it hoping for a more natural result and feel (less implant, more under-padding).

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

MargaretMae
on 12/8/17 4:27 pm, edited 12/8/17 8:29 am
VSG on 10/25/16
Topic: RE: Inner Thigh Lift Scheduled December 14th

I had an upper and inner thigh lift and an extended upper arm lift on 11/8/17.

The most helpful "equipment" was a "go girl" because my thighs burned horribly getting on and off the toilet. It also kept my compression wraps dry.

https://go-girl.com

To keep things dry I used powdered antibiotic in my groin instead of ointment though sprays would probably work too And also and (Mitchum unscented) spray antiperspirant after the first week.

I slept in the reclining chair for a bit over 2 weeks.

I didn't need much personal help after the first two days. But had the regular cleaner in an extra time every week for the first three weeks.

I could drive after I was off pain meds (5 days) but i had one drain in for 3 weeks and going out with the drains in was a pain in the butt. Stock up and what you like, I ate lots of skinny cow ice cream and cheese/meat/nut combo bowls.

We often use delivered portioned meals, I ordered dinners that took 30 minutes or less to prepare (from Gobble) and my husband and 17 year old son fended for themselves at meal times but if you have younger kids consider doubling up on every meal the week before and freezing half.

My left ankle still swells up if I don't have the perfect amount of compression, but other than that I'm feeling recovered. I went to work for half day today.

MargaretMae
on 12/8/17 3:58 pm
VSG on 10/25/16
Topic: Tata talk...how big?, which shape? under the muscle?...oh my!

When i had my inner thighs and upper arms done last month my concerns and desires here limited by anatomy and the surgeons willingness. Mostly, I just didn't want staples or external stitches or needless drains. I did end up with drains in my thighs. The left one was in for three week, and since I had 100cc of drainage every 4 hours in my left leg for days, and over 150 cc a day for the next 10 days, they were certainly necessary.

I'm having my breast done, along with a lower body lift and fat transfer to my flat butt on 12/28 2(20days!) Originally,at 293 lbs and up until I was down to about 200 lbs I planned on just getting a lift. Then my previously firm "C" cups turned into a pair of tube socks with a handful of pennies in the toes...I am about 165lbs now and yikes!

I did some research and decided I wanted textured, tear drop shaped soft "gummy" implants, under the muscle and thought I'd be happy with a full C cup but the consult today has me questioning this. The surgeon discussed the possibility of the contoured implants shifting, but bottom line is he just prefers the round implants, so that's what ill get. The remaining issue is over vs under the muscle, which is up tome and the size of the implants for optimal results. He recommends I should go at least one size up.

I think I would be disappointed if my breast ended up too small but I don't want to be lugging around melons either. I also worry that with my lack of breast tissue an over the muscle implant will look weird or ripple when I lie down so, even though it's more painful, I'm leaning towards having it under the muscle.

Anyone have experience or thoughts on over vs under the muscle? Can anyone share how they decided on size?

Luvmygs
on 12/8/17 8:14 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I'm sure you'll be fine going back to work after 1 week. Wishing you luck!

Gwen M.
on 12/8/17 6:03 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good luck! Is your surgeon someone who has vast experience with people who have lost massive weight?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

FuturePinUp
on 12/7/17 7:15 pm
Topic: Well...I'm Getting a Breast Revision!

So although my tummy has healed amazingly, my breasts still haven't dropped and it doesn't appear they are going to, because the pocket made for them was actually occupied by leftover breast tissue, which didn't really stay in place due to my poor skin laxity (yay! massive weight loss skin!).

When I went for my 4 month follow-up, my surgeon agreed I could benefit from a revision. So because it's within the first 6 months...my revision is totally covered. If I was keeping the old implants, I wouldn't have any charges, but I decided to upgrade the size because I'd be really small without that extra breast mass. So I'm paying the cost of the new implants. He's also re-doing the lift to try to make my results a little tighter.

So this is all scheduled for January 11th. I'm hoping that having just 5 days off would be sufficient being that it's just the breasts and I have a desk job. I'm nervous, because who likes more surgery, but I'm hoping this will be the end of it and I'll finally get the results I wanted! Wish me luck!

momyshaver
on 12/5/17 5:04 am
VSG on 06/28/17
Topic: RE: Mexico Recovery/Airplane Travel After Surgery

Thanks for the link to your YouTube chronicling your journey through VSG and plastics in Mexico.

Librarian67
on 12/4/17 2:57 pm
RNY on 02/28/17
Topic: RE: Day 27 post-op - feeling good! (thigh lift, leg lift, and minor LBL revision)

Gwen, I am so glad that things are progressing for you and that you were able to get out a bit. Glad that your period held off until you were more healed.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/4/17 1:05 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16
Topic: RE: Day 27 post-op - feeling good! (thigh lift, leg lift, and minor LBL revision)

I understand! I'm sure once all is healed you'll be thrilled with the results and it will have been worth it!

I am getting a little nervous about my very minor PS next week (browlift and upper/lower blepharoplasty). I sort of remember being surprised at the pain of my facelift, which was mostly a sustained headache as I recall. It superceded any pain from my TT, Which I had been prepared for being very painful (it really wasn't). Maybe it is all in the expectations?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active