AggieMae’s Posts

AggieMae
on 10/7/17 10:10 pm
Topic: RE: count down- inner thighs and arms on 11/11!

Excited. Nervous. But mostly worried about pain.

AggieMae
on 9/12/17 2:15 pm, edited 9/12/17 7:15 am
Topic: RE: How to pick?!

I am undecided about implants. The surgeons I ultimately selected said he prefers not to do the implant with reconstruction anyway but instead will do them later if I want them. he said takes 20 minutes to do this.

I made my decision on the surgeon based on the reference I called and on line reviews/photos of their work.

As for seeing photos in the office or on line, keep in mind that you will only see their best work and there is really no way to predict your results advance from those pictures.

AggieMae
on 9/8/17 1:33 am, edited 9/23/17 4:09 am
Topic: RE: Batwing Surgery before you make goal???

I'm scheduled for surgery on my upper arms and inner thighs on 11/1. I had three consults and all three surgeons agreed that 1. My skin wasn't going to tone up no matter how long I waited (I'm 64) and 2. thought I am still about 20 pounds from my goal I actually had very little fat on my upper arms or inner thighs.

Go have a consult (or three) so you will have a idea of the best way to proceed.

Also, many plastic surgeons are booked months in advance. I had my consult in early July and the surgeons first available date was in the middle of October.

AggieMae
on 9/8/17 1:29 am, edited 9/7/17 6:30 pm
AggieMae
on 8/21/17 9:25 pm
Topic: RE: Plastic Surgery in Mexico??

Well... it was $6,000 to $8,000 more here in the US for four procedures done two at a time 8 weeks apart.

His estimate was $19,900 for all four procedures done two at a time a few days apart. The surgeons fees weren't that different. The savings in Mexico are because of the cost of post op care.

AggieMae
on 8/21/17 9:11 am
Topic: RE: Plastic Surgery in Mexico??

This isn't a review, just my observation. I got an estimate from this Dr and had two concerns. One was that he was willing to do four procedures, two at a time, just a few days apart. Of course the second surgery (inner thighs and upper arms) would have been based on my medical condition after the first two (LBL and breast lift). So maybe he was promising to much?

Second was the cost. Which was just $6,000.-$8,000. less than my cost for having the same procedures, 6-8 weeks apart, here in Portland. Including staying overnight in the hospital. Meaning I wouldn't have to stay in a hotel in Mexico for 12 days. When I considered the cost for me and a friend to help the price difference was just not enough to give up the benefits of having a local surgeon.

AggieMae
on 8/20/17 10:05 pm
Topic: RE: Lower Belt Lift and Butt Lift - pre op

I'm scheduled for a LBL and breast on 11/1 and arms and inner thighs on 12/29.

I'm also very excited and can't imagine having a flat stomach either!

AggieMae
on 8/4/17 5:27 pm
Topic: RE: Sonobello??

There are lots of ads because the vendors are hoping it's going to be a big money maker.

It probably works but it will require multiple treatments and in the long run will probably be an expensive option.

AggieMae
on 7/23/17 3:26 pm
Topic: RE: How to begin looking

Many consults are free but some surgeon do charge for the visit. You will get a treatment plan and a cost breakdown.

You should consult with at least three surgeons.

Surgery is less expensive in Mexico. You can do consults by sending photos.

Don't rely on the photos on websites, that is always the surgeons best work! Ask for references. Call the references. Work out the payment p l an before you have surgery.

Be careful about surgeons who say they can/will do everything at one go.

AggieMae
on 7/15/17 5:05 pm
Topic: RE: Hey all you post-PS folks - don't forget the sunscreen - What's your favorite?

Supergoop - SPF 50 from my face. Natures Gate - SPF 30 everywhere else.

AggieMae
on 7/13/17 8:10 pm, edited 7/13/17 1:11 pm
Topic: RE: Thigh lift with arm lift at same time anyone ??

I meant the external thing lift that is done with an extended tummy tuck or LBL. Should have been clearer.

I would love to do my abdomen and upper arms at the same tim but no surgeons in my area are willing to do it, they all said it was because of the anesthesia. If I am down to 180 by then, I am doing my arms in September and my lower body as soon after that as recovery allows.

AggieMae
on 7/13/17 12:31 am
Topic: RE: Glue be gone!

The glue might be annoying but you'll be happy when you don't end up with suture lines!

AggieMae
on 7/13/17 12:26 am
Topic: RE: Anyone have Kaiser in SoCal to cover plastic surgery?

The best thing to do is call and find out what your policy covers. You employer choose what your policy covers not the insurance company... unless of course you work for KP, in which case some,(medically necessary) plastic surgery will be covered.

AggieMae
on 7/13/17 12:16 am, edited 7/12/17 5:17 pm
Topic: RE: Thigh lift with arm lift at same time anyone ??

Plastic surgeons generally want to work on one area at a time. Upper arms and breasts are often combined as are tummy tucks and thighs.

This is partly because of the amount of time spent under anesthesia is greatly increased when you are have surgery in multiple areas.

And then there is the recovery...

I would be very cautious about going to a surgeon who would do both at once.

AggieMae
on 6/9/17 3:34 pm
Topic: RE: Only 3-day post-op and really struggling.

Wow, that's a lot of surgery! Hope you fell better soon.

I agree that you need to call the doctor, maybe for different pain medication? Are you icing?

Use some MOM with the stool softeners. You don't want to be straining.

AggieMae
on 6/7/17 10:39 am
Topic: RE: Do anyone have any Idea??

Because of the regional differences in the hospital cost and plastic surgery costs only your surgeon can tell you for sure.

Where I live in Oregon that upgrade would be between $4000. and $6000. plus your co pay.

AggieMae
on 5/30/17 3:50 pm
Topic: RE: Three weeks post-arm lift! (photos. lots of photos.)

Thanks for the update. Your arms look great!

AggieMae
on 5/29/17 1:32 am
Topic: RE: Just a few questions..

I am going to have my bat wings and boobs done in October. I have had a local consult but am leaning towards going to Mexico...I think I just want to get away and be alone for a week!

AggieMae
on 5/14/17 8:55 am
AggieMae
on 5/10/17 11:15 am
Topic: RE: Medical tourism for PS

You don't have to be a goal for an in person evaluation. It would be a great way to go. I might look into it myself since I would have a local PS group available for emergency follow up. Most PS will not touch anyone else's work so not everyone is lucky enough to have this option.

FYI, The cost of "medically necessary" skin removal, except for 10% of your net income is deductible from federal taxes, so surgery in the US might be within your means.

AggieMae
on 5/8/17 3:00 pm
Topic: RE: Medical tourism for PS

Um... "the hard way"?????

I wouldn't hesitate to have surgery abroad if I was always normal weight. Skin that is stretched and damaged from extreme obesity does not behave like healthy undamaged skin. It takes lots of experience and skill to repair it.

I researched this extensively and decided to pay the extra $ to have surgery close to home because I just couldn't get past the issue of a wound opening or getting an infection and the surgeon being 2,000 miles away...

AggieMae
on 5/4/17 5:38 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery Booked! Preparing Question

You will need more protein and more calories during recovery.

https://www.hss.edu/conditions_nutrition-for-healing.asp

AggieMae
on 5/4/17 4:00 pm
Topic: RE: Do people actually notice?

I had an eye lift and lost 65 pounds... most people tell me I look great but can't quite figure out what's different...

I've had my knees (and hips) replaced the scars where angry and red for a long time but eventually faded to fine white lines. I think it took well over a year.

AggieMae
on 5/2/17 9:23 pm
Topic: RE: How much does excess skin weigh, typically?

It varies a lot from person to person. The skin doesn't weigh much, it really depends on how much fat is removed with it. I don't think it will effect your goal weight.

Most Active