Alishac313’s Posts

Alishac313
on 10/12/17 10:23 am
Topic: RE: Any recommendations for Ontario Ohip Plastic Surgeon?

Oh! Ok. My Dr sent my Referal The last week of September. I wonder how long it takes for the hospital to contact back. The reason I asked to have forwarded to the hospital wAs because I would like to see if I'm able to get some coverage through OHIP. How long was your process?

Thank you

Alishac313
on 10/4/17 10:35 am

Thanks Leslie for your quick response! I'm pretty sure they faxed it to the Scarborough Hospital. Yikes! I'm sure that will slow it down considerably.

Alishac313
on 10/3/17 6:30 pm

I know this is a very old thread but could you tell me Approximately how much time it took once your GP faxed your referral?

I just recently had my GP fax Dr Nandagopal and I wanted to know a general timeline for all the steps.

Thank you!

Alishac313
on 9/20/17 5:10 am
Topic: RE: Panniculectomy/tummy tuck

Thank you so much for the information Nancy! I feel good about loosing the weight, but then it was so discouraging when my DR. Said I was unable to get covered. I will definitely look into Dr. Elahi.

Thank you!!!

Alishac313
on 9/19/17 6:59 pm
Topic: RE: Panniculectomy/tummy tuck

Hello!

Im new here. I've been reading through threads and I haven't seen anything relevant so I thought I'd start one. Over the last year I lost 100lbs but working out eating right and changing my lifestyle.

Because of this I have a large amount of skin hanging from my abdomen. I still have about 50-60 more lbs to loose until I'm at my goal weight but I wanted to start the process of looking for surgeons now.

Reading the forums, I've learned that people have gotten their panniculectomy portion covered and paid the top up to have a tummy tuck. How do I start the process to see if I can have a portion covered? Do they even still do this? I've reached out to my family Dr. And she said no doctors accept OHIP for this. Is this correct? Am I grasping at straws?

I live in Windsor, On. And I'm willing to possible travel as far as Toronto.

I've done a large amount of research and I feel like the plastic surgery world is so secretive. It's hard to find accurate information.

Thanks for reading as I know it's long :) Any information would be extremely helpful.

Most Active