I will belong

Heather Wooldridge
on 8/1/04 1:43 am - Longview, WA
RNY on 03/21/12
I am but an image Definable only by me And those whom surround me: Within the company of others I wait And watch with hopeful eyes My reflection overpowering And anything but wise A saddened gaze fixed upon mine Mouth turned instinctively downward Heart mimicking the movements Yet in truth there is nothing keeping me grounded Seeking friendly faces in A crowd of painful glares Their obvious discomfort being guided By their stares Worry lines marked deep in my brow Independently defining my age When a person whom views themselves better than me I feel an abounding rage My body is not thin and my face Is round as well Perhaps the many people only see What my features seem to tell As if I have no feelings Or a decent side of me I guess to some That is how I will always be Long Auburn hair hiding The roundness of my face Something I have learned shame from Like I am some sort of disgrace Yet underneath this weight Is a woman full of cheer Too bad most will never realize For they see me as something to fear I will belong No matter what others see as wrong And in doing so I will help them see That obesity is not catchy It does not rub off It will not spread like a cold It cannot be donated Or at least that's what I've been told Within the bindings of my body Is a soul and heart that's true So next time you mock and poke fun Imagine the tables turned on you
z3rusty
on 9/5/04 4:05 am - Tarpon Springs, FL
You made me weep for nearly an hour! This surely sums up my life. Thank you for making it more lovely through your gift of poetry! Rusty
Most Active
Recent Topics
stream of mind tonight
Zen Sapphire · 0 replies · 369 views
CONFESSIONS!
Hondurian Queen · 1 replies · 382 views
soulful poetry
Maritza . · 0 replies · 707 views