Daddy

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/05 3:18 am - Somerset, Ky
Hearing screams and desperate pleas for help, she awakens from a long deep sleep. She can't understand why the dreams are back, or why she's being haunted after so long. In the dark, she sees the man, telling her not to ever tell a soul. After some time, she goes back to sleep, not knowing for sure, where she will go. She is back in her old life now, one full of life. She has a family, siblings,and the family dog. In this life, she sees no pain, no worries or the troubles of the world. All of a sudden, her perfect life turns to grey. she can't understand how love's supposed to be this way. He tells her that she is beautiful and she is good. But she can't seem to scrub off the filth; every attempt turns to disaster. He tells her that this is how daddy's love their little girls. He tells her not to tell anyone of the precious bond shared between. She tries to tell the tale of what's been going on, but now this little girl is being shunned. Called a liar, saying daddy's don't do this to their little girls. Then this young woman awakens from this frightful dream. The day is dawning, time for this young girl to move on. She now knows that it ain't her fault, that she is truly a beautiful woman. She goes on, knowing the truth will set her free.
Krish
on 12/14/05 11:02 am - Shelbyville, IN
I hate to be the bearer of bad news.......this poem would be so heart felt if the author was being honest....the truth is the poem is about her , but she put an inncent person in jail, becausse she lied on him................she told some of her best friends the truth that nothing happened.....she did it because her father was paying more attention to her younger sister.
(deactivated member)
on 12/19/05 3:36 pm - Somerset, Ky
This poem is the truth, is about me. My dad molested me. I didn't lie on him to get him thown in jail. To be honest, he didn't serve a day in jail. He copped a plea. When I was younger, I blamed myself. I wanted to die. I was five years old when it started, and when it was all over, 9 years old. When I wrote the the truth will set her free. I was speaking of knowing that I was not the one to blame for what had happened to me. I was put into foster care, where I was called a liar everyday. Growing up I did not want to live. I had nothing to live for. I was eighteen years old and having violent nightmares. I met a man who helped me get passed my fears. But before passing judgement on something you jsut read, I think you might want to find out the full truth. I never lied about what happened. It is something that should never be lied about.
Most Active
Recent Topics
stream of mind tonight
Zen Sapphire · 0 replies · 369 views
CONFESSIONS!
Hondurian Queen · 1 replies · 382 views
soulful poetry
Maritza . · 0 replies · 707 views