PCOS, RNY, and carbs. ugh.

psx chelly
on 4/29/11 6:15 am

I have PCOS.  Have had it for over 10 years.  Was "told" I had it in 2005 and that WLS was my only option to get rid of the weight after trying many other things.  I was told to get rid of the weight or my pre-diabetes from PCOS would turn into full blown diabetes and heart disease. 

My problem: I am frustrated over the sensitivity of my system despite the RNY, and sloooooow if not impossible weight loss.

I follow my diet very well and speak to the nutritionist often.  I have almost entirely cut out carbs from my diet, but I do eat veggies like steamed broccoli and boiled string beans.

I did about 2ish years of research before I decided on the surgery, went to 10 months of group meetings, talked to my primary regularly about it...

Whats my problem?  For no reason I have seemed to stop loosing weight yet again.  The first time I stopped loosing weight (stall was about 3 weeks), back in March, my nutritionist decided I should cut carbs.  So we cut them, and I began to loose weight again.

But Ive stopped loosing weight yet again.  Whats wrong?  What do I cut now?  I dont eat sugar, I dont eat "bad" carbs, I dont cheat like some messages I have read on these forums.  I drink all the protien im told to, and take my vitamins....  Did I really cut my body up and pay all this money to only loose 30ish pounds and have to deal with this surgery for the rest of my life?

Elisabeth G.
on 5/16/11 12:55 pm - Windsor, Canada
 Are you losing any inches?
What is the amount of protien that you are gettign in daily?
How much exercise are you getting daily?
Are you drinking enough water each day?

I have no had surgery yet still going through the process I do know that there are normal stalls when the scales don't move much if at all but you are still losing inches.

(deactivated member)
on 5/22/11 10:22 pm
Had bypass surgery and lost 65 pounds in 4 months (January 2011) . I have been treated with PCOS since 1999.  I seem to go in cycles. I stall and then lose more weight..  Exercise really helps. When I'm not losing weight, I tell myself the PCOS is fighting to hang on....
jenbear
on 6/27/11 1:22 am - hagerstown , MD
hey i was put on metformin for reactive hypglycemia, but i heard it was for pcos, ever thought of trying that?  I have heard alot of people say it works very well and they started loosing weight!
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 6/28/11 3:14 am
How long have you had your RNY? If it's been over a year and you've only seen 30lbs drop, you may want to check out the revision and DS boards. There's a lot of people *****vised from RNY to a DS and had good results. There's also a lot of PCOSers who had the DS and have seen good results.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1040 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2985 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3596 views