New and Have a question

wannalose4boo09
on 6/9/11 2:33 pm - Madison, IN
VSG on 01/16/12
I don't have PCOS but I have alot of friends that do.  And a couple of them can't get pregnant.  Are there any of you that got pregnant after having WLS and lost weight? 

Thanks
Vickie

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/11 12:12 pm
 I haven't had a WLS done (yet anyways)...and i actually was diagnosed with PCOS AFTER i had my daughter--just about a year ago. I'm around 250lbs now, and I was around 200lbs when I actually got pregnant. Oddly enough, I was on my birth control pills (Yaz) and the birth control wasn't strong enough to keep me from getting pregnant...however, it was weak enough to balance out my hormones and make me ABLE to get pregnant. I'm sure it's a very rare situation, but that's what happened in my case. My ob/gyn was actually surprised that I had my daughter, being that I have every other classic symptom of PCOS....they also told me that I may not be lucky enough the second time around if I choose to have another child.

Nothing is impossible. Remind your friends of that. Anything can happen, just have faith. : )

I know that wasn't really an answer to your question, but I was overweight still with PCOS and it was possible for me to get pregnant.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1042 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2989 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3599 views