PCOS and WLS

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/11 11:46 pm
 hello!
I'm currently looking into my options for WLS and have been diagnosed with 
PCOS around a year ago. I was curious if any of you ladies that have PCOS have had the WLS and had good/bad results afterwards...and which WLS--?

I know that PCOS has made loosing weight a pain, and even after struggling to diet/exercise and loosing a few pounds--it's always made me gain it back, and multiply it....
Fancy4684
on 8/13/11 12:21 pm
Hello!
I have had pcos since I was around 16 my weight didn't really become an issue till I was around 23. On may 16th I had the sleeve and I honestly (as of now) do not have a single regret. I was right around 310 lbs pre op and had cramping excess hair growth and irregular periods.

Post op I am getting my period without med, the excess hair is still there but it's thinning up and I couldn't be happier!

I picked the sleeve because I wanted a faster weight loss then I would have gotten with the band and I didnt want to change around the plumbing that is required with ds or bypass.

I would say to find a local surgeon and go to a seminar they are free and VERY informative. It's a great place to start.
ICESTORM12132008
on 10/19/11 9:14 am
what are your plans for pregnancy?

My choice was a lap band because i want to achieve a pregnancy before my mid 30's.  you can be pregnant and banded, I'm not so sure on the other methods(I've not researched).  I know many have been banded and had healthy babies.
Toy T.
on 10/29/11 3:18 am
DS on 02/22/12
You can be pregnant with all WLS. Your ob/gyn and weight loss surgeon may have to work together if you get pregnant soon after surgery to work around your meals and consumption but this is why it is recommended to wait at least a year after surgery to get pregnant. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1042 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2989 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3599 views