Weight Loss and Period

minamorgan
on 9/28/11 6:15 am - Sherman Oaks, CA
Quick question for those who have had WLS and PCOS.

I had R N Y almost a year ago and have lost 130 pounds and went from a size 28 to a 10/12. One thing I have noticed is that my symptoms of PCOS have decreased. I no longer have dark patches of skin and for the last 5-6 months, have been having my period every month.
Now, my issue is the last three times I have had my period, it lasts longer than 7 days. Right now, I am up to almost two weeks. Has anyone else had this issue? Should I be concerned or just allow my body to readjust itself, which I am sure it has been and is doing.

Thanks for your help in advance :D

Renee2be
on 10/5/11 8:18 pm - NC
I am only 4 weeks post op RNY and had one brief period.  BUT back when my PCOS was full blown and out of control,  i would flood for weeks ,  i mean 6 weeks +  then nothing for 2 or 3 months then flood again.  I BEGGED my obgyn for a hysterectomy.  It was so painful and life altering.  He however,  suggested the Marena IUD (not sure i spelled that correctly)  It was an amazing difference!  Eventually periods went away totally, if i have one at all its 2 or 3 days, no cramps nothing.  Also with the hormone support at that time i dropped like 20lbs without trying ,  (was well over 300 at the time) and went up a cup size in my boobs.  (That was a big plus considering they were barely there before hand)  now that i ve given you tmi........if they continue to be long and painful.  i'd talk to my doc about the IUD.  It was and is a lifesaver for me.  Be warned the first week with it IS NOT FUN>  IT HURTS but it is heaven after that.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1040 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2985 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3595 views