PCOS & Pain During Intercourse

jsmith5021
on 11/14/11 10:28 am
 Hi everyone, 

I'm not new to the boards, but I dont post here often (I'm posting under a different name).

I'm over 4 years post op and I was diagnosed with PCOS.  I am on the NuvaRing and I take Metformin to help with it.

I've had pain during sex lately -- it used to only be in certain positions but lately I've been feeling it more often. It feels like a stabbing pain like it'****ting something and I'll get a sharp pain.  

Has this happened to anyone?  Any suggestions??

Thanks for your help!
LuckyLibrarian
on 11/19/11 9:34 am - Plumerville, AR
The same thing happened to me. I was on nuva ring for several years, and started having pain. Turns out I have fibroids. Switched to oral birth control, but still had pain. Went off birth control for about 8 months, had no periods and no pain. Been back on BC for a month now. Just had my first cycle since march--- but no pain! I am thinking that the break from synthetic hormones made my fibroids shrink, therefore alleviating the pain. Just my guess.

Good luck, you are not alone!
Kristen
"Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation." - Walter Cronkite

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/11 11:24 pm
a little late with this post.  From personal experience, every time I had pain with intercourse it was due to a cyst flare up.  No I am not referring to something small but 3 the size of golf balls or one the size of a softball.  Most of the time I can ignore the pain but when it interferes with sex, I generally call the doctor.

I was on Nuvaring as well but learned my body liked the extra estrogen and usually made the cyst smaller. I later opted for a tubal ligation since the hubby and I didn't want kids.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1042 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2989 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3600 views