cycles worse after rny? what?

Apple-Jax
on 1/16/12 7:37 pm
i have had pcos for years. inferility all the above, was on metformin for 10 years.  cycles mostly regular, had 2 pregnancies, one baby and now....

i am at my lowest weight in 12 years and my periods are MESSED up!

i always ovulated late in my cycle, but it was always 28 days.
  since i started losing weight before surgery and after my cycles are going to 45 days, or skipping a period or 35 days, not ovulating and just bizarre.

i will have a light "period" at 35 days and then ovulation pain 5 days later, lol lots of ovarian cramps and bloating. but i am not ovulating or having a normal cycle anymore.
grr

i thought losing weight was supposed to make things better? has anyone else been thrown completely off by RNY?

ok, i am 35 but seriously i am too young for menopause! lol

should i go with it for a while or see my dr?  i am 10 weeks out from rny and on metformin and thyroids meds per my endocrinologist.

Support Group for Fall 2011 WLS! Please come and join!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Fall_2011_WLS/

manda2108
on 2/2/12 4:48 am
 I'm only 4 weeks out and I've had 1 normal period since my RNY so I'm too early to really give advice about this. However, I was going through the exact same thing a few months BEFORE my RNY..my OB upped the amount of metformin I was on. I would give your doc a call and see what she/he has to say. 

Renee2be
on 2/11/12 7:36 pm - NC
It wouldnt hurt to call your OB but i am 5 months out,  and the drastic weightloss, hormone level changes etc, our bodies are resetting.

There is so much going on on the inside,  you may just be along fo rthe ride for awhile until your body has time to stabalize its hormone levles again.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1040 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2985 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3596 views